“Nice clean place...”

Value Host Motor Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had the pleasure of a good nights sleep here last night.
Affordable rooms and great staff. Continental breakfast is a little weak. Toast & donuts along with orange juice & coffee only. I will however stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel name gives to idea of a cheepee hotel. I'd have to say it would probably rate just as well as other hotels in the area that are 20 to 30 dollars more a night. Room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. I will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent 1 night at this motel and were happy with what it offered. The room was clean and good sized. Very quiet. Pleasant front desk person. Good price. Not sure why another poster complained about their "breakfast"--this is the same pre-packaged stuff many places I visit put out. I drink the coffee and always find breakfast elsewhere. I would recommend this clean motel to anyone wanting what we wanted.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side facing Lake Superior. Spectacular morning view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I wasn't expecting alot for the price but was happy with this lodging. The room was big enough and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and everything in the room worked properly. I would suggest the owner invest in larger bath towels and better shampoo. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at this motel before and it looks like they have been doing some updates. Room smelled and looked very clean which seemed to be an improvement from previous visits. Lodging can be pretty expensive in Marquette and this is an excellent value for around $50-60. The Continental breakfast is very basic but descent. There is a restaurant just across the street near the Super 8 motel. Great location close to downtown. Check-in was friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back away from the major road are quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2013

thw last time we stayed there it was a fairly nice place at a fairly good price, This was terrible! The room was "musty" there was no longer a whirlpool or a sauna. We looked at the breakfast and then went to Big Boy instead. It was quiet though but not the usual U.P. friendliness. Next time We'll stay at the Super 8 on the other side of the street.

Room Tip: No pool, no whirlpool, no sauna! I think you could get basically the same rate at the Super 8 or an...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pixie1945
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I recently stayed at this motel on business. I have stayed here in the past. This hotel is very clean and quiet, but in great need of upgrades. First and foremost, the mattresses. I stayed in room 104, and the mattress was very uncomfortable, and I could feel springs while lying down. I am sure it has not been replaced in quite a while. Second, recliner chair in the corner of the room was broken. When I sat on it, the chair wobbled a lot, and I could not recline because if I did, the chair went so far back that it felt like I was lying down.
Third, I think it would be nice to add a few things to the continental breakfast that the hotel offers, such as waffles (the self-serve waffle iron-type) and maybe some cold cereal and fruit.
Overall, the staff was very nice and the room rate was great, but I would gladly pay a little more for a good night's sleep on a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business