“Price-quality ratio is very good”

Settle Inn Marquette
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Novi, Michigan
“Price-quality ratio is very good”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The price-quality ratio for this hotel is very good - especially as we were travelling during summer and other hotels were far more expensive. The room was clean, service was nice and helpful. Breakfast fast basic and good. We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Southern California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My whole family was staying at this location for my nieces wedding, so we had a total of 5 rooms. We had booked this hotel because it the price was really good, especially for Marquette in the summer time. The front staff was great and was able to get all of us on the 1st floor in the same section and they could accommodate my mother who uses a wheelchair and walker. The free breakfast was more than adequate with plenty of options like waffles and french toast that you could put in a toaster, a whole frig full of yogurt, bagels, danish, cereal etc. It saved us having to spend money on breakfast for our whole family. There was a pool, jacuzzi and sauna which was great for my two kids. They were able to spend hours there killing time in between the wedding festivities. Now the rooms were pretty basic, but they were clean and the beds were comfortable. We would definitely stay there again the next time we are in from California.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank llivrob
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stumbled across this motel on a trip from the Detroit area to Minneapolis for the 2014 MLB All Star Game. It was a work trip and I was in a dually pickup hauling a 40' trailer.

First things first - there was plenty of room to park the truck and trailer. Those with big RV's looking for a place to stay overnight this is the motel for you as there is plenty of parking for large vehicles.

While there is lots of water nearby there is no view so if a view room is important to you look elsewhere.

My room was on the second floor and it was clean and fresh smelling. The rest of the property was well maintained and clean. There were plenty of "right size" towels. The breakfast wasn't fancy but it was all I needed before heading out on the road. All the staff I ran across were friendly.

As a walk-in I ended up with a rate of a little over $50/night which I feel is a bargain for what you get.

There is a restaurant next door although by the time I rolled into town on a Wed evening they were already closed.

This Settle In is not a Hilton, Courtyard or DoubleTree but it is definitely rates a five-star rating in its price range. I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you don't want to climb stairs go for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Troy
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The price was right, and it was clean. To get to the second floor stairs (no elevator) you had to go through the laundry room, through another door, and around the corner to the stairs...very awkward. The upstairs hallway had a funky smell but the rooms smelled ok. Nothing special but a basic room. I rated this a 3 since I couldn't give it a 3.5 or 3.75.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Barstow
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Hotel located next to the main highway to Duluth. Basic hotel with a good bed and only two pillows per bed. Breakfast was okay, No eggs or meat and the waffles were the kind you put in the toaster. Hotel was quiet and I did sleep ok. I think it was a good value. Had dinner the night before at Jeffrey's restaurant next door and it was very good. If I stayed here again I think I would have breakfast at that restaurant.

Room Tip: No room tip just a restaurant tip. Eat at Jeffery's next door. Good food.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sussex, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed for one night and satisfied with the stay. The front desk person was friendly and helped by telling us that a second floor on the opposite side of Highway 41 was quieter, which we appreciated. The room was pretty basic in look but quiet. Could open the window, as well. Some rooms had flat-screen TVs and others tube TVs, which I found to be interesting. The breakfast was very good and offered enough choices. The only drawback to this place was that there is no elevator.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dbutler385
Roscommon, Michigan
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed the night before we toured NMU. I was a little apprehensive due to some of the comments but decided to take a chance because, with our 50% off coupon from NMU, the price was under $45. The furniture was a little outdated, but the room was spotless and the bed comfortable so that wasn't a big deal to us. We stayed on the first floor facing the road and traffic noise was a non-issue as well. We didn't use the pool, but we peaked our head in and it looked well kept and clean. The continental breakfast, I thought, was very good with a nice variety of items both hot and cold.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family