“Excellent Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rancho Murieta
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Hampton in Marquette was an exceedingly positive experience from the moment I booked the room until our departure.
I originally contacted them about a reservation several months in advance and told them the visit was for a special anniversary my wife and I were celebrating. I explained the room type I was looking for and they promised to do their best.
The room ended up being exactly what I asked for and the service from every employee we encountered was exceptional.
We enjoyed the easy walk to town and appreciated the suggestions from the front desk as to where to eat and drink.
My wife and I both thought they did an excellent job with breakfast and as others have mentioned the venue was outstanding.
I really appreciated the exercise room and the other guests I talked to agreed the facility was far better than most hotels offer.
I'm not sure if/when we'll ever get back to Marquette but I can assure you I know exactly where we'll stay if we do.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I am Reed Benton General Manager at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience on TripAdvisor for others to see. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to the Marquette area.

Warm Regards,
Reed Benton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
South Lyon, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at the Hampton in Marquette Michigan for a family vacation. Upon arrival and throughout our stay the staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel and room was very clean. The breakfast in the mornings were very good and plentiful . I especially enjoyed the 24 hour coffee , hot chocolate and yummy cookies. The hotel is right on Lake Superior. Beautiful location and walking distance to restaurants in town. I plan on staying here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the Marquette area. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your return.
Howell, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

At first glance, the hotel looks cold and cookie cutter. Once I was inside, there was a coziness and calm about the lobby. The location is very beautiful, sitting right at the edge of Lake Superior. The rooms were very clean and smelled fresh. A nice touch-they leave a little note on each headboard letting guests know that all linens, including the duvet cover, have been freshly laundered. The complimentary breakfast was nothing special. You could compare it to any other hotel in the country. A few hot, generic items, waffles, cereal, etc. One regret I had was not utilizing the indoor pool and hot tub. The pool is saltwater, which is always a nice change from a regular chlorinated pool. There is a lovely view from the pool room of Lake Superior. All of the staff that I encountered were very pleasant and accommodating. I do feel that the price of the rooms per night $209 for regular rooms and $249 for patio rooms, was a bit high compared to similar hotels with the same quality of service, cleanliness, all around appearance and amenities. If the hotel wasn't located right on the water, I question if the price would still be as high. All of that being said, I would recommend this hotel to others. For the most part, it was as luxurious as a hotel of it's caliber can be. That is if you can afford over $1000 for a five night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Located within easy walking distance to downtown. Rooms big and quiet. Would definitely stay there again. Right on walking path on lakefront. I need 200 characters to submit this thing. I'm doing everyone a favor and I should be able to use as few characters as I want.

Warm Regards,
Reed Benton
Grand Junction, CO
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spent a week here and we were very comfortable. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite. The bed was very comfortable and our son said his pull out couch was great too. Their breakfast was good every morning and had a nice selection. We loved the view from the breakfast area!!! The hotel is right on the lake and near numerous good restaurants. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 21 July 2014

It's nice to have a quality chain hotel in the area as an option. Its location on Lakeshore Dr. gives great access to the downtown area and some good walking options.

The room was nicely appointed and very clean, everything was in like-new condition and the staff was friendly.

Disappointments: our room location. Having made the reservation six months in advance and paying a pretty high price for Marquette, we had a lovely view of . . . an empty lot with overgrown weeds and construction trash, appeared to be the remnants of a porch or deck with white fencing. I get not everyone will score on the lake side but couldn't they at least rid the place of such an eyesore? I'm not that picky but this really disturbed me. The other disappointment was the morning free breakfast -which the morning we were there included oatmeal and dried eggs and coffee. It appeared that on a weekend morning the breakfast was kept freshly stocked.

Room Tip: Discuss your room location at check-in.
Kalamazoo, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I have traveled the picturesque upper peninsula since we were teenagers (yes we have been together ever since then) and decided to stay the night at the Hamton on the shore of lake Superior. I am extreemly glad we did! We had a room overlooking the lake, on a clear night, with a full moon. The room was clean and in perfect condition being a new hotel, so we had a great time.