“Go to another park if your looking for all the things this park boasts. They do not happen.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gitche Gumee RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marquette
Gitche Gumee RV Park
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Bathrooms are Filthy. And were for 4 days. There is no fudge shop, no access to the lodge and he says he shows a movie every night, but it was like pulling teeth to get one for one night only. Says "this will be the best camping you've ever done". or not.
I had to go and buy bleach to clean the disgusting sinks in the bathroom. The park was probably very nice 20 years ago, but now I felt like the Brady Bunch when they went to the ghost town. The internet information is very deceiving as is the information told over the phone.

• Stayed July 2013
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
11 Thank Molly N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

I am certain that this was once a great place, but unfortunately the changing times and apparent neglect have taken a toll. The camping sites are large and nicely wooded. One or two sites have a view of lake Superior, but all seem very nice. We were here after the owner had shutdown all but a few sites for winter (which I knew) as well as the bath and shower facilities (something he failed to mention). I would not have wanted to use them anyway as they are dark, dirty and moldy. The water, what I could find of it, was rusty and malodorous. I would assume that it is potable, but I chose not to ingest it or use it in my RV. The lodge (game) room is musty and dark with amenities old and out of service. The playground consists only of a few rusty swings. The advertised fudge factory has clearly been out of service a long time as a tree has grown over the walkway and entrance. I was told there was wireless Internet access but it did not work at the site I chose (lake view) and I don't use cable TV so I don't know (or care) if it worked. The price was very high considering both the local/regional competition and dearth of amenities. I cannot recommend this campground to others. There are other choices in the area, which I can and have recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
16 Thank jpadc

Travellers are raving about these Marquette hotels