“Afternoon Lunch”
Review of Sweet Water Cafe - CLOSED

Sweet Water Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sweet Water Cafe is a natural foods restaurant, cafe, bakery, and bar in beautiful Marquette, Michigan serving good food made from scratch using whole, natural, organic, and local ingredients. The philosophy of real food extends to everything on our menu. We select and purchase ingredients that are nearest their natural state; fresh, wholesome and full of nutrients. We then use these ingredients to make our menu, including breads, soups, sauces, entrees, dressings, desserts and cookies from our own recipes. No synthetically hydrogenated fats, artificial colors, flavors and preservatives are ever used in our cooking. The Cafe's staff of chefs, bakers, servers, cleaners and service managers take pride in carrying on the tradition of making good food from scratch, using natural, organic and local ingredients as much as possible. You will find traditional and alternative food and drink. Our recipes and cooking techniques are derived from the diversity of Earth's cultures. Our style of "multicultural cuisine" represents a living art because it borrows from, rather than replicates, traditional ethnic cuisines. It is our mission to provide a broad spectrum of quality, freshly-prepared meals served quickly and professionally in a clean and smoke-free environment.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We just happened to find the Sweet Water Café and were very pleased. The service was excellent and the food was very good. The décor was very interesting and enjoyable to view the quilt art. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I ate in quite a few restaurants in Marquette over the weekend and had a great experience. This was the exception. Sunday morning our son took us to this place because it was "nice but a little expensive". I wanted to order the garden omelet as it had a nice assortment of vegetables in it. I ordered and requested "no cheese". "Sorry sir we cannot make substitutions" "No, I don't want anything else just don't put cheese on it - just leave it off". "Sorry sir we cannot make substitutions". She said I could order a "make your own" - but the make your own said I needed to order 1 meat, 1 cheese and 2 vegetables and as she said "no substitutions". So with the table staring at me I ordered toast in frustration.

I have gone to a lot of restaurants and never been told I could not leave something off my plate. I complained to the hostess who refunded my "toast" - really - thanks. She said I could have ordered a "make your own". I pointed out that is NOT what the menu said and "no substitutions". For the money, there are many other places in town for breakfast. Keep the cash in your wallet and go there.

6  Thank TBTSM
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is our favorite restaurant in Marquette and we eat here at every opportunity. It is only a 5 to 10 minute walk from the heart of downtown up toward the university. Great location near other fun shops.

The variety of healthy and innovative options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is more in line with what I typically find in a much larger city. This place has great food and a really cool, fun atmosphere. Simple and elegant both sum it up. It is casual with a lot of class.

I love the many vegetarian options, however, my friend who eats lots of meat was also right at home with many choices.

I highly recommend this lovely cafe.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I had breakfast with our 1 year old and the food was very very good. Everything is made fresh and they are very conscientious of the environment and what we are putting into our bodies. The prices were a bit higher for food than say at Perkins or Denny's, but the quality of the food makes it well worth it. The staff was friendly and the business is local. Great choice for a relaxing breakfast.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

$31 before tip for 2 adults for breakfast in Marquette? Food was good (both had omlettes) not spectacular. Service was attentive.