We just spent a few days here. Small disclaimer--I didn't pay for the room, a family member booked 3 for us and two other family members over the holiday.
In any case, despite the age of the hotel, the room was clean and quiet. Staff is really friendly--they checked on the discounted fitness center fee across the road (Anytime Fitness--also very nice!). This isn't a typical chain like Marriott--I felt better treated here than at most Marriott's I've been too (not that they were bad--just very "corporate").
The continental breakfast is adequate, but nothing special. Hot cocoa would be a good addition to the offerings. The location is great for Marquette-area activities.
The bed was about as good as you get anywhere, which in my case means it was a bit soft and uncomfortable, but I know most people don't like a 'firm' mattress.
TV reception was excellent--I stayed at a Hilton in Philly earlier in the year and didn't have half as good reception!
Pool was closed due to a broken heater. The hot tub worked--but the switch to turn it on is in the reception area--a little inconvenient. Management might want to look into changing that.
My one suggestion and it's a big one (and why I'm giving only 3 stars) --the hotel really needs to update the facility somehow. Even a fresh coat of paint would be better than nothing. Like I said, the room was clean--but walls have been chipped and it's peeling around the shower area. Also, the sink outside of the toilet/shower area is a little odd (in our room anyhow), but not a huge deal.It would be more convenient to have the sink in the rest of the bathroom area.
I think this place has changed owners/names a few times over the past several years. It would be really great if the corporate office or owner could find the money to really put some updated touches toward it. Maybe a warmer neutral tone on the walls would heIp.
Also, I didn't see that there are either smoke alarms in the rooms or sprinklers--not sure what the law is on that. I know it's common or required in newer facilities.
Overall, it's fine--at best, you'll have a friendly staff and a quiet and clean as it can be currently place to stay. At worst--chipped walls and just an overall "drab" feel to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located 4 miles from Marquette at the intersection of two major highways; offer a deluxe continental breakfast, indoor pool and spa. We are now featuring Intentional Healing Massage Therapy on site as well as indoor tanning. Ojibwa Casino is only 4 miles from us and they offer shuttle service to and from. We also have a casino package for our guests. We are right on the snowmobile trail also, trail 417. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Marquette
- Travel Lodge Marquette
- Travelodge Marquette
- Americas Best Value Inn Marquette
- Marquette Travelodge