“Dont tell anyone”

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Traverse City, Michigan
“Dont tell anyone”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Those poor reviews must have been old....the place is clean....close to shops and hwy. has a clean pool and hottub....big firm bed....micro and fridge..... and every other hotel near Marquette was 55 to 100 dollars..these guys were $49 (March 2014)....SCORE......

keep it quiet :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Here stayed with our ski group on March 8th. we have stayed here before and never had a problem likewise the same this time. I wonder where all of the negative comments come. I'm beginning to wonder if they're from rival hotels. for us it was the usual stay, clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff. its a good value for a fraction of the price of the pricey hotels. Will be staying again in 2 weeks with my family.

• Stayed March 2014
Calumet, Michigan
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I'm not one to write reviews, but I was compelled to warn anyone who is thinking of staying here. Okay, first of all, the girl at the front desk was very nice. Thats the only good thing I've got to say. You get what you pay for in terms of the out-dated hotel. My husband and I stayed here with our two young daughters. When we went to the pool it was freezing. Our kids were shivering and we couldn't stay more than 20 minutes. And there was a hose going into the hot tub which was strange. But that was not the worst part of our stay. Our room was dirty. There were empty soap wrappers still in the bathroom. When I went to give my girls a bath, I turned on the jets in the tub, and CLUMPS OF HAIR came out of each jet. It was disgusting! Other peoples "HAIR" floating in your child's tub! Yuck!! After that, we tried to go to sleep. Unfortunately the walls are paper thin. The room next to us was a suite with a bunch of kids. They were pounding around all evening. I tried calling the front desk twice, no answer. I went down there, nobody there. By this point it's 12:30 a.m. And I finally had to ask the adults in the room next door to keep it down. I should have asked for a refund. Awful experience and I will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014

Travellers are raving about these Marquette hotels

Iron Mountain, Michigan
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I booked a room here last year but upon arrival asked to see what I was getting before I checked in.
The entire place smells old the room was tiny and dated not to mention dark and again an odor I could not stomach.
Returning to the desk with my key I inquired if they were booked up and was told they had plenty of rooms. (I can see why)
To be polite I told the clerk I would not be able to stay here after all without elaborating and she rudely stated they would keep my deposit which they did.
It was worth that cost just to get out of this toilet.

******This place should be a pet hotel******
(Although I would bring my pet elsewhere)

I am headed to the area again soon and booked a room elsewhere which reminded me to share this story which is still vivid in my memory.
There are many very nice places to stay in Marquette MI.
You have been warned.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Thanks to the front desk staff ( Ally and Ashley)
I made a booking but I mess up the dates so I check in a month early. Luckily the hotel was not full they give us a room and arrange the payment with the company we go trough for the booking.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Superior, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I am working 12hour nights 7-7 and this place is not the place you want to stay if working nights. Apparently the pool/hot tub doesn't open until 9, which after working 12 hours who wants to wait 2 hours to relax when by then I should be in bed, and I should mention the pool water looked a bit green I didn't plan to use it but the hot tub had a hose running to it which was a little weird. Also with working nights you can't get anyone to clean the room and replace your towels. We have a room with a kitchenette, there are some dishes and utensils but they are less then minimal and they don't even have any dishsoap to wash them! Televisions are out dated, better have standard RWY cables as there is no hdmi. The beds are not at all comfortable in fact they are so bad I noticed they have cardboard boxes between the mattress and boxspring. The room is well heated so that is good the breakfast is pretty poor, there is no donuts and for milk I was expecting some individual containers that I was planning on bringing one back to my room to drink later, like when I was planning on getting up for working around 5, but I found a single gallon of milk for everyone to share. The water for the showers is at least extremely hot, so that was one nice thing. Also the staff was friendly. And the mini fridge kept things nice and cold.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if working nights