“Great value for 3 dogs!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great value for 3 dogs!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Not many hotels will accept 3 dogs at such a reasonable price! Yes, this hotel may appear run down...but our room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and everyone who worked there was courteous and pleasant.

I also wanted to add how accommodating check-in was when we found out the efficiency suite was on the second floor and would be too difficult for our senior Lab. They changed our room and refunded the difference without any hesitation.

Thank you!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New London, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 June 2014

When I first pulled up to the hotel, I thought about cancelling my reservation and booking somewhere else. It just looks kind of dumpy and run down. The staff was very nice and the office area was a little more upscale looking, so I had hope that my room wouldn't be that bad. The room turned out to be "ok" but as others have said, the walls are very thin and you can hear everything going on in rooms around you. The television was getting on ancient side, the bathroom should be remodeled as it was kind of grungy and dirty and the bed was a very basic bed. Just a bottom of the barrel mattress and pillows. Nothing that hinted at comfort or luxury. Maybe I shouldn't expect that for $80 a night, but other hotel chains manage to give you a comfortable bed at those prices.
The room service was substandard as well. I left out for the day at about 10 am and came back at about 7pm and my room hadn't been cleaned. The wifi was unreliable. Sometimes it worked pretty well...other times it seemed like a death crawl and I hated that it would sign me out if my phone or tablet went to sleep.
Overall, I was not very pleased. I'm a very unassuming traveler and I don't require to be pampered, but I do expect a clean, comfortable room that has good wi-fi and gets turn down service every day. None of those things were met on my visit. Marquette is very beautiful and I will be returning to the area again. I will not be staying at this motel and would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bruce H

Travellers are raving about these Marquette hotels

Gwinn, Michigan
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Although it is an older hotel it is kept very clean. The staff was super both stays. This hotel far exceeded my expectations for an economy hotel. A good value for the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ontonagon, Michigan
Reviewed 10 April 2014

the pool was stinky.... and the room u could hear everything in it... it sucked... big time! it was very dingy in the pool and smelled like rotten wood looked up and there was mold all on the roof of the ceiling... I did not like it at all. breakfast was okay I had a waffle and some oj

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Those poor reviews must have been old....the place is clean....close to shops and hwy. has a clean pool and hottub....big firm bed....micro and fridge..... and every other hotel near Marquette was 55 to 100 dollars..these guys were $49 (March 2014)....SCORE......

keep it quiet :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Here stayed with our ski group on March 8th. we have stayed here before and never had a problem likewise the same this time. I wonder where all of the negative comments come. I'm beginning to wonder if they're from rival hotels. for us it was the usual stay, clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff. its a good value for a fraction of the price of the pricey hotels. Will be staying again in 2 weeks with my family.

• Stayed March 2014
Calumet, Michigan
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I'm not one to write reviews, but I was compelled to warn anyone who is thinking of staying here. Okay, first of all, the girl at the front desk was very nice. Thats the only good thing I've got to say. You get what you pay for in terms of the out-dated hotel. My husband and I stayed here with our two young daughters. When we went to the pool it was freezing. Our kids were shivering and we couldn't stay more than 20 minutes. And there was a hose going into the hot tub which was strange. But that was not the worst part of our stay. Our room was dirty. There were empty soap wrappers still in the bathroom. When I went to give my girls a bath, I turned on the jets in the tub, and CLUMPS OF HAIR came out of each jet. It was disgusting! Other peoples "HAIR" floating in your child's tub! Yuck!! After that, we tried to go to sleep. Unfortunately the walls are paper thin. The room next to us was a suite with a bunch of kids. They were pounding around all evening. I tried calling the front desk twice, no answer. I went down there, nobody there. By this point it's 12:30 a.m. And I finally had to ask the adults in the room next door to keep it down. I should have asked for a refund. Awful experience and I will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014