“Will definately return”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Where to start? How about Jayme the hotel manager. She is AWESOME! The day I made my reservations, Jayme was very helpful in finding a room that would work for us. When I had to call back with changes, she took the time to get us set up in rooms that again worked well. We came into town, 4 women, on our motorcyles. We had to drive 100 miles in nasty rain and 54 degree weather. As you could guess, we were wet. Jayme bent over backwards to help us out. 1st, she offered to put our wet clothes in their hotel dryer. She then gave us advice on a number of places to go for a good meal after a long day. The next day was rain too. We couldn't ride our bikes, so Jayme talked to the hotel owners mom and she gave us a ride into town so we could do some shopping. She also gave us numbers for cab service and told us how the Metro bus worked incase we wanted to use those. It was just SO nice to have someone help us out on what could have been a very bad vacation. Jayme made it better. As for the hotel, I thought it was very nice. The beds are super soft and comfy. The rooms were very clean. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, but the area looked very nice and clean as well. Breakfast was nice. Waffles, a variety of toasts, sweet rolls, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, coffee, juice, and milk. The breakfast room is small when it is "peak" breakfast time, but no big deal. All in all, our stay was very good and I would not hesitate to stay there again. Thanks Jayme!!

Room Tip: There is not an elevator, so if you can't do steps, request 1st floor. I didn't see the opti...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Not many hotels will accept 3 dogs at such a reasonable price! Yes, this hotel may appear run down...but our room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and everyone who worked there was courteous and pleasant.

I also wanted to add how accommodating check-in was when we found out the efficiency suite was on the second floor and would be too difficult for our senior Lab. They changed our room and refunded the difference without any hesitation.

Thank you!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

When I first pulled up to the hotel, I thought about cancelling my reservation and booking somewhere else. It just looks kind of dumpy and run down. The staff was very nice and the office area was a little more upscale looking, so I had hope that my room wouldn't be that bad. The room turned out to be "ok" but as others have said, the walls are very thin and you can hear everything going on in rooms around you. The television was getting on ancient side, the bathroom should be remodeled as it was kind of grungy and dirty and the bed was a very basic bed. Just a bottom of the barrel mattress and pillows. Nothing that hinted at comfort or luxury. Maybe I shouldn't expect that for $80 a night, but other hotel chains manage to give you a comfortable bed at those prices.
The room service was substandard as well. I left out for the day at about 10 am and came back at about 7pm and my room hadn't been cleaned. The wifi was unreliable. Sometimes it worked pretty well...other times it seemed like a death crawl and I hated that it would sign me out if my phone or tablet went to sleep.
Overall, I was not very pleased. I'm a very unassuming traveler and I don't require to be pampered, but I do expect a clean, comfortable room that has good wi-fi and gets turn down service every day. None of those things were met on my visit. Marquette is very beautiful and I will be returning to the area again. I will not be staying at this motel and would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. Although it is an older hotel it is kept very clean. The staff was super both stays. This hotel far exceeded my expectations for an economy hotel. A good value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2014

the pool was stinky.... and the room u could hear everything in it... it sucked... big time! it was very dingy in the pool and smelled like rotten wood looked up and there was mold all on the roof of the ceiling... I did not like it at all. breakfast was okay I had a waffle and some oj

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Those poor reviews must have been old....the place is clean....close to shops and hwy. has a clean pool and hottub....big firm bed....micro and fridge..... and every other hotel near Marquette was 55 to 100 dollars..these guys were $49 (March 2014)....SCORE......

keep it quiet :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Here stayed with our ski group on March 8th. we have stayed here before and never had a problem likewise the same this time. I wonder where all of the negative comments come. I'm beginning to wonder if they're from rival hotels. for us it was the usual stay, clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff. its a good value for a fraction of the price of the pricey hotels. Will be staying again in 2 weeks with my family.

• Stayed: March 2014