“Pleasant, friendly & helpful staff”

Holiday Inn Marquette
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Sycamore, Illinois
“Pleasant, friendly & helpful staff”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Over the years we've made many trips to Marquette staying at this hotel. We must give it our highest recommendation. I don't recall ever having a bad experience. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we've always received excellent service at the restaurant and lounge. The best asset of this hotel is their staff. Everyone always greets us in a pleasant way. On our recent trip I had a problem with my computer finding the internet signal. Jeff at the desk provided me with a booster device which solved the problem.
Our breakfast waitress and the host shared their interests in snow shoeing and provided tips and local venues for this activity.
The location is convenient for two of my other outdoor activities. The bike path is located behind the hotel and x-c ski trails are are a short drive away.
We have always been impressed with the quality of the My Place restaurant meals. The Thanksgiving buffet was plentiful and so reasonably priced.
Our room was so clean and smelled fresh throughput our 5 night stay. We enjoy this Holiday Inn and would not consider staying anywhere else when we visit Marquette.

Room Tip: Honestly explain your needs when making your reservation. The staff is very accommodating.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. I am thrilled that you had such an incredible stay at our hotel. I do believe that we have a wonderful product, but the heart of our business, and what makes us special is our employees. They genuinely care about each and every guest and go out of their way to provide outstanding customer service. Thank you so much for recognizing their efforts. I will be sure to pass your comment along to each department so they can share it with their employees. Much thanks! Sincerely, Ann Armstrong Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Owosso, Michigan
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had an awesome stay at Holiday Inn. Jordyn, Brian, Courtney and Dylan made my stay great. It is a pet friendly hotel and they even made my dog feel welcome by a offering of a bone when ever they saw him.
Great cookies at night too!
I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the city of Marquette.

Room Tip: Main floor is great for pets. Easy access doors and a great big area for them to do their business a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tammy G
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. It is always so nice to see when our employees get recognized by name. They always work very hard to ensure each guest has an enjoyable and memorable stay. I am also thrilled that your canine family member was taken care of by our staff. As dog lovers, we understand how impoortant it is to ensure that they too have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. I hope you will continue to choose us whenever you are in Marquette. Sincerely, Ann Armstrong Director of Sales
Interlochen, Michigan
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were very pleased with the hotel, except that we got the last room left. It was either 125 or 126 - can't remember. But this caveat would be the same for either: the room was right next to an exit door and the elevator. Boy was it noisy! The elevator bells are set too loud, so we heard every punched button & every open and shut. The exit seems to be where folks go to smoke (there was a wedding party that night, so probably more smokers than usual) so we got to hear every conversation as they leaned against the wall next our window and puffed, plus all the comings & goings.
The staff was great, the room was very clean. I would stay there again as long as it wasn't room 125 or 126!

Room Tip: rooms next to exits & elevator may be nosiy
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol R
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. I truly apologize that it was noisy outside of the hotel. I am glad to know that everything else went well during your stay and that you would stay with us again. I have some follow up questions for you regarding the noise outside of the hotel, and would truly like to speak with you personally. I can be reached at 906-315-4224. I would appreciate it if you could return my call. Sincerely, Ann Armstrong Director of Sales
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Good value for the money. The hotel was well maintained and the staff
was both helpful and accommodating. This is a good time of year to visit
the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The restaurant was well run and the
food was up to the standards expected.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. The Upper Peninsula is absolutely the perfect place to visit if you enjoy breathtaking views of Lake Michigan, Superior, and Lake Huron along with scenic drives, and the opportunity to get up close to area wildlife. We are lucky to live up here and love to share Marquette with our guests. I will pass along your comments to our staff, and I hope you will return soon. Warm Regards, Ann Armstrong, Director of Sales
Fort Calhoun NE
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is an older hotel but is in good shape. It has been updated and everything is clean and neat. The staff is very nice and everyone on staff says hello when passing you in the hall or any where on the property. The rooms were clean and beds were comfy. The only negative is the small bathroom.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. I will certainly pass along your comments to our staff. They truly do their best to provide friendly, genuine guest service. I hope that we will see you on your next visit to Marquette. Much thanks. Ann Armstrong, Director of Sales
woodstock, il
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel was clean and friendly. The only drawback was it does not have free breakfast you must buy from their on site restaurant. they are knowledgeable about the area and were able to direct us to the college and other sites. They gave us maps and good directions. There are plenty of places to eat nearby including Starbucks.

Room Tip: not near the elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jc l
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. I will certainly pass along your comments to our staff. They really try to have as much information available about the area for our guests. As a full service hotel, we have a lovely dining room that serves outstanding food at very affordable prices. I would encourage you to try it out during your next visit. Sincerely, Ann Armstrong, Director of Sales.
Wayne, IL
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights while attending a conference. The wifi was free and worked well. The staff was friendly for the most part - it seemed like the food service people were really making an effort to be prompt and accommodating. The pool area looked nice and spacious, including the whirlpool, altho' we did not have time to use it. We ate one meal - breakfast - in the restaurant and it was okay - nice service but average, somewhat overpriced, food. The fresh fruit was very overripe. The fan/AC in our room did not work well - we had to jumpstart it a few times by banging on it. When we mentioned this upon checkout, we were told that the system was old and quirky and going to be replaced soon. One day, in the middle of our stay, our key cards suddenly did not work. They were replaced along with a lecture on how we need to be careful about not demagnetizing them. We KNOW we didn't do this and suspect they just erred with our check-out date. I don't need to be lectured by a 20-year old! The other thing that really irked me was 2 employees smoking right by the entrance in front of a sign reading "No smoking within 20 feet of entrance." I pointed this out to them.and received an excuse about it might rain. Bottom line - this hotel was convenient for our event. If they want to compete, they need consistency and quality control.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments. I have passed along your comments to our management team, and they will be reviewed with their staff. I truly would like to speak with you personally regarding your stay. If you are interested in speaking with me, please feel free to contact me at 906-315-4224. Sincerely, Ann Armstrong Director of Sales