All reviews room was clean pool area an older hotel big boy business trip hot tub would stay again cookies marquette area lounge highway hospital microwave trail downtown rates chain
Reviewed 3 September 2018

When we visited a few years back, we noted that the Holiday Inn Marquette was in need of extensive renovation. The good news is that it's happening -- and those who remember the dated version may not be able to recognize this property. A multi-million dollar makeover began in August 2017 and it will take a while to complete, but the results so far are outstanding and transforming the hotel into an essentially new building. When it is completed, we feel confident that this hotel will go from "Very Good" to "Excellent."

Many guest rooms have been completed and they are fairly basic, but fairly nice, too. The pool area has yet to be touched, but it's decent. We give high marks to the staff for their friendly, customer service focus. The hotel is conveniently located and just a short drive from Marquette's historic downtown. Rates were fairly high at around $250 with tax during our stay, but the hotel has lost some of its capacity to the project right now and and it is no doubt trying to maintain adequate revenue in the interim. IHG Rewards Club members would be happy with the 20K point rate that we used, providing a superior value.

Room tip: Some may prefer a rear-facing room because of the highway in front. We faced the highway and did not find it noisy, however.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
anna8197, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you so much for the fantastic review of the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. I am soo happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. People always ask me what is my favorite part of the renovation, and I like to tell them the 50 inch televisions in each room, and of course the new beds. You are correct; once the project is completed the hotel will be like brand new :) I hope we will see you again in the near future. Sincerely, Ann A.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

It was a busy time of the year so we wanted to be sure we had a room reserved when we arrived in Marquette. Therefore, we booked a room here for $250. Room was remodeled and nice, but certainly not worth $250. I am sure with a little more advanced planning we could have booked a just as nice room elsewhere for a lot less money.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hi, Richard M!

I realize that you have many options when it comes to lodging, and I appreciate you choosing our property.

I am thankful to learn that you were able to get a good quality of rest finds our updated rooms pleasant. But, it is disappointing to know that you did not find enough value in our pricing. Our pricing is subject to availability and local business demands. Still, we welcome and take feedback seriously because we want your experience to be likable.

We sure will use your comments as an added material as we consolidate our ongoing efforts to continuously improve our services to offer.

Your loyalty matters, and we would love to continuously serve you in your future travel plans.

Many thanks,

Anne A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We stayed her as part of a golf package allowing us to play Greywalls. We had stayed at this property when our kids went to school in the U.P. so we felt very comfortable returning here again. The front desk staff did share with us that the hotel was under renovation but we were assured it would not be a problem during our stay and it wasn't. We were given a room that had just been remodeled and I loved what they've done with the rooms. With our room being so freshly remodeled we did discover a couple of minor issues with our room. We shared these issues with the front desk staff who were very happy to receive the feedback so they could get the contractors to address the issues while they were still on-site. I'd like to be clear that these issues in no way lessened our stay.

Room tip: Remodeled rooms are nice.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the lovely review of the Holiday Inn of Marquette. Many of our guests who haven't been at the hotel in quite some time are shocked at how extensive the renovations have been. Basically once the renovations are finished the hotel will be basically brand new. I hope you get another opportunity to travel to the area to check out all of the changes :) Sincerely, Ann A.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Renovation is still on going at the hotel, however, the New Rooms Are Beautiful! The Staff was very helpful in changing our room ( facing the highway) to a suite facing the woods! Beautiful
Definitely will stay again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for wonderful review of the Holiday Inn of Marquette. It's so nice to see that you got to stay in one of our lovely suites. I agree, the rooms are beautiful. I hope that you will have the chance to return once the renovation has been completed. :) Sincerely, Ann A.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I stay here every year when I am in the area for work. The hotel is amazing and the staff is even better. Great customer service! Sara checked me in and had my key cards made before I even arrived! Mike in the restaurant/bar gave me great service as well. The food was great as well. The rooms were very modern and super clean! The housekeeping staff was even extremely friendly when passing them in the hallways. The renovations are making this hotel even better. Even though the hotel was under construction while I was there, I never even noticed. Thank you Holiday Inn in Marquette for again always meeting and surpassing my expectations and providing such wonderful customer services. It’s nice to feel so comfortable while away from home.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for such an amazing review of the Holiday Inn of Marquette! We sincerely appreciate your kind remarks and hope we will see you again in the near future. Sincerely, Ann A.