All reviews coffee table parking lot open until midnight waffles great place to stay breakfast staff exercise room other hotels hot tub presque isle park wonderful hotel up to date staff was very friendly and helpful fridge and microwave room was large free breakfast great room
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We were very happy with our stay. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very nice and we also enjoyed Hudson's Restaurant. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
ComfortSuitesGM74, General Manager at Comfort Suites Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank you for posting your kind comments about your stay on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to see that you had an opportunity to enjoy our Hudson's Classic Grill & Bar, which has always featured "Burgers, Shakes, and Rock'n'Roll", but has lately developed a great reputation for our fish fry and our fresh Lake Superior Whitefish. Along with Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, guests have two great options right in the Comfort Suites parking lot. All of our guests receive a 10% discount at both places, and they deliver, too! We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Very nice motel. Good breakfast. Very friendly frontstaff. She gave us a map and highlighted several places to go.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
ComfortSuitesGM74, General Manager at Comfort Suites Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for posting your experience at our Comfort Suites on TripAdvisor. We're glad that you liked "Your Morning Breakfast", featuring two flavors of hot waffles, hot breakfast meats and eggs. If you stay with us more than one night, you'll notice that we always rotate our hot selections so you can wake up to a different breakfast each day. We hope you enjoyed the directions and suggestions that our agent supplied, as Marquette is a great place to see and experience. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We had a wonderful relaxing stay here. Our needs were well taken care of. The facilities were clean and cheery and the staff friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to see that we delivered and exceeded your expectations during your stay in Marquette. If you should return this summer, keep in mind all of the great things to do in Marquette such as trail biking, kayaking, or just relaxing on our terrific Lake Superior Beaches. Marquette also has a lot of events going on, such as the upcoming Art on the Rocks, Ore to Shore Bike Race, and Bishop Baraga Days. We hope you can make it back here again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We've stayed here 4 times in the last 12 years when we've passed through the UP. It's perfect for what we need - a comfortable rest at the end of a long day driving. We know what we're going to get. Close to restaurants. Easy in and out off US 41.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm happy to see that you're still coming back to us after 12 years, as that is a great testimony to our staff's hard work. Our entire management staff at the Comfort Suites has been here for over 10 years, along with a lot of our associates, and that consistency in staff shines through. We've got a lot of "sprucing up" coming at the hotel this fall, so be sure to come back soon and see our improvements. We hope to see you more often in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I booked this thru Choice Hotels and I got a good discount with membership and AARP. I obviously read reviews here in tripadvisor and I thought I will share my experience to. The lobby is nice and clean. We got to our room and it was nice and clean as well. Usually, one of my main concern is the bed. After a long ride on a motorcycle I'd like to have a nice, clean, comfortable bed and this one delivered. The front desk person was very cordial and helpful. Sometimes, the room looks clean but if you get a closer look it's really not. I am more likely to look at the edges and corners of the room for dirt but this hotel has a very clean room. If all hotels can keep theirs like this we are all going to be happy. Don't look for any hotel if you are staying in the area bec. you will get your money's worth. I definitely will recommend this place to all my friends.

Room Tip: We got a room for handicap and this is a very nice room located close main lobby entrance
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for posting your kind comments on TripAdvisor. We take a great deal of pride in the efforts our experienced housekeeping crew makes to insure that our rooms are as clean as possible. We love to entertain motorcyclists this time of year as they explore our beautiful Upper Peninsula. We offer a special HOG rate, available only directly through the hotel, and are happy to supply rags to clean off your bike at the end of a long ride. We also offer 5 rooms with whirlpools to help work out the kinks. We hope to see you again in Marquette.