“Good vibes all around”

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was my first stay at property. It had a friendly check in staff, the room was clean. The pool area was clean also with plenty of towels. Great murals in pool area. But was most stuck by the sauna being HOT which is rare for a motel. Whirlpool was also a good temp. Comp breakfast was above par for a motel also. Topped my stay of with helpful friendly checkout staff. I get to Marquette several times a year and for a money value balance I will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank don g
CSDI-GM74, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments on first stay with us. We hope that you will return often to see the progress as we remodel and update, inside and out, our entire hotel this spring. We are keeping the pool murals, however (and our great staff). We look forward to serving you again on your next stay.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent experience. This was my first time in this hotel. Excellent cost/benefit ratio. Excellent breakfast (included), pool, hot tub. Two days trip to Marquette with my husband and two small children was easier because of this hotel. The only negative thing was that the carpet needed to be clean (both rooms and hallways), however, it is understandable to be somehow dirty since it is end of winter. I would recommend and will come back if I need to stay a night in Marquette again. I would like to add that I have visited 12 countries and most of US states, this is one of the best cost/benefit hotels I have been. Also, they had a popcorn bag, hot chocolate, and one bottle of water free in the room. It is not too much but it is a good gesture appreciated by those who arrive tired and just need a small snack before going to bad, or have kids like me.

Room Tip: Away from elevator and pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
CSDI-GM74, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your statements on the cost/benefit ratio. Travelers have many choices when coming to Marquette, and we've always strived to give our guests the most for their dollar. From being the first in the area with fast, free Wi-Fi (soon to get even faster) and flat-panel TV's with HD, to being represented by an appreciative, well-trained staff with a full focus on the guest. We are embarking on a complete remodeling of the hotel this spring (including the carpets, which are beginning to show some fatigue). We hope that we can serve you again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stay here twice every month and would not stay anywhere else. The staff have always been friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable. I will continue to book here twice a month from now on. I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. This hotel will always be my choice when in Marquette.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for posting your kind comments. Testimonials from guests that have returned many times are always a delight to read. It means that we not only made a great first impression, but have been able to display our consistency in hospitality, service, and facility. We look forward to serving you twice a month into the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is the 4th time I have stayed at this property. It beats the other properties in Marquette hands-down!
Service and staff helpful-kind-amazing, the room is super-clean, tastefully decorated, and the bed wonderfully-comfortable.
They have an awesome-fresh sauna, (pool and hot-tub are great too).
In the same parking lot they have a great restaurant - Hudson's ate there about three times.
My Fav; the whitefish, a local fish that is TASTY!

Marquette is a amazing hip, progressive place to visit, I stay away from the strip malls, and thoroughly enjoyed the downtown stores and restaurants.
The whole experience; Comfort Suites, Hudson's, Marquette, MI = 5 stars!

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in are great!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind comments on you stay at our Comfort Suites in Marquette. We greatly appreciate those guests that have returned to us time after time. I'm happy to read that you also enjoyed our adjacent Hudson's Classic Bar & Grill. We've made great strides with the restaurant and are really gaining a terrific reputation with our fresh fish offerings. We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have a son attending NMU and when we visit we invariably return to the Comfort Suites. Clean comfortable rooms and a staff that wants to make your stay pleasurable. Good location, fairly priced with a nice breakfast. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
CSDI-GM74, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. We have a lot of associates that have been here for a long time and we've gotten to know quite a few families over the years that have stayed with us throughout their students' tenure at NMU. We appreciate that you've been coming back to us so many times. I hope that you've been able to take advantage of the terrific promotions that we offer to all families of NMU students. Here's to hoping that your son graduates on time - if not, we'll be here for you no matter how long it takes!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The comfort suites is a great hotel!!! The rooms are spotless. The staff is outstanding. The breakfast is delicious!! The pool is beautiful.we stayed in the whirlpool suite. The whirlpool was perfect! We will diffinetly be staying with them again!!

• Stayed: February 2014
CSDI-GM74, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind comments on your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your comments and we will be sure to share them with all of the staff. The cleanliness and attention to detail of our associates has always been a huge plus. We hope you will get back to us soon and check out the massive remodeling project that we will be undertaking.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Rooms are always very clean, comfortable, and spacious. Properties are well maintained. Location is terrific with plenty of parking. What really sets this Comfort Suites apart from the rest is the staff. They are awesome. Audrianna or Kevin usually check me in. They are super friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. I actually look forward to talking to them during check-in more than anything else about the stay. When your out on the road all day it is nice to talk to someone pleasant. I stay in hotels about 100 days per year and there is nothing worse than staying at a place that you pay good money for that treats you like you are bothering them. Being welcomed in to the hotel is very important. I also hear good things about the general manager... like he is nice to work for...a real good guy. His employees always say good things about him. The breakfast lady is very professional also. Everything is clean and orderly. She deserves an atta-girl also! With all things factored in I would rate this place a 9.9 out of 10. Truely a diamond in the rough.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CSDI-GM74, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind comments about our staff. The genuine warmth and professionalism shown by our associates are definitely the strength behind our success. I will definitely be sharing your comments with them. I'm sorry that we haven't had the opportunity to meet yet, I'll make it a point on your next stay.