“good value”

Holiday Inn Express Marshall
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed 6 July 2013

large clean rooms. intelligent and helpful staff.
Breakfast in the morning is good, free pizza in the evening.
Right on 94 and minutes to Michigan avenue
The pool is tiny and ice cold but overall a nice place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

It was a great stay with good customer service. I didn't stay in the room for long Becuz I was Doing a lot of work, but it was in a great area, very clean, and was a nice setup. I wasn't able to use the pool or exercise area but it looked awesome and very clean. I like how there was a computer and printer available for free for me to use if I needed. I love how they had all major channels plus more on the tv unlike most places, and free Internet was a plus. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Hazzouraxo
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My husband and I had an accident on the highway near Marshal in which our car and trailer were totalled. It was a Saturday afternoon and we managed to get the last hotel room in town. My husband had been injured and in a wheelchair and we had few belongings with us. The hotel staff were extremely helpful to us in finding our way around town and gave us a reduced rate due to our circumstances without our even asking.

The room was clean and comfortable. The full hot breakfast provided lots of healthy options including a pancake machine (never saw that before!) The popcorn and fresh cookies in the evening were a nice touch.

The pool was fairly large for an indoor pool. The breakfast area had a fireplace and comfy chairs.

A pleasant stay despite our situation. I would recommend this hotel for anyone travelling through Michigan.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We recently stayed here during a short family getaway - and sprung for the kids suite. While it's true that you can hear most of the noise from the bunk bed area, it seemed to me a matter of perspective. You can't realistically take kids into a hotel room & expect not to hear them. That said, we found the room to be excellent. It was comfy & had just the amenities we needed. We frequently choose HI Express because their bedding is super soft.

The lobby was pleasant & the staff were friendly. The breakfast was just as described. Nothing extravagant, a bit skimpy on healthy choices; but something to please each of us.

Hats off to the nice Model T club that was there while we were. Real nice group of folks.

The pool was small (not a big deal to us) - on the 1st day the weather was warm & the AC had been turned on making the pool area freezing cold. When we asked the lady about it, she offered to let us use the pool next door @ the Hampton. Same basic pool - water on the cold side but warmer. The next day the HIE pool area was much warmer - we appreciated that they listened to us.

Highly recommend the Binder Park Zoo - best this side of the San Diego zoo IMO. We'll visit again.

Room Tip: Kids suites are pricey, but nicely appointed
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This is a very clean hotel. The rooms look like they have been recently updated. The beds are very comfortable I think they are pillowtop and you get 4 pillows on each bed which is great if you are picky like me. At this hotel are great amenities, like a gym and exercise room. The yummy breakfast in the morning is worth the stay. The staff were very helpful and nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed here four nights while visiting for Thanksgiving. Great location for visiting Marshall and Battle Creek. This was your basic Holiday Inn Express but the staff were exceptionally friendly. Clean basic room although I was a little surprised there was no housekeeping service on Thanksgiving day itself - no big problem though. Kudos to them for caring about their staff. The breakfast room was unusually warm every day- I even had to ask for help opening a window. Breakfast seemed a little subpar compared to other HIs. Hubby liked that there was a gym, small, but clean and functional. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to Louie's Bakery and ask for a nut roll. Go early as they sell out quickly!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2012

It was our 50th college graduation and we wanted to all stay in the same place. Staff were all very friendly, took great care of us, and made sure we could sit together at breakfast without interfering with other guests. We got a special room rate for our reunion, and one of the group (me) enjoyed the closeness of the casino. Would most definitely stay there again as would the rest of the group...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshall
Hampton Inn Marshall
#5 of 19 in Battle Creek
McCamly Plaza Hotel
McCamly Plaza Hotel
#11 of 19 in Battle Creek

Been to Holiday Inn Express Marshall? Share your experiences!