“Worth the wait”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Douglas, Michigan
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Most delicious Chinese that I have ever had. Every menu item that I have ever tried is great.

• Visited April 2012

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Fresh food, innovative Chinese bistro”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This restaurant is definitely a keeper. We had lunch there again today, and I was reminded of how outstanding it is. Their menu is innovative--definitely not your fortune cookie-cutter Chinese restaurant. url: http://www.chinnchinn.com/

The menu includes your choice of meat/protein, such as chicken, beef, shrimp, tofu. You then choose the recipe (family recipes, I believe) for the meat; today my wife had the Kung Pao (and I had the Peking. We've had almost every recipe, and you can't go wrong, though I like the Kung Pao and the Hibachi Grill best. Round out your order with one of their side dishes. Their won-ton soup is the best I've had anywhere; made with a beef base, it is has two large wontons, and fresh veggies such as mushroom slices (NOT slivers), chunks of zucchini, and green onions. Instead of your typical fried noodles and duck sauce, they have light fried chippy-things with a highly addictive chili-citrus dipping sauce.

The atmosphere is casual, with lunch typically ranging from suits to shorts.

Fresh local produce, friendly service, innovative choices, and unique recipes make this a great choice.

• Visited May 2012
“Possibly the best Asian restaurant in Michigan”
Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

Whenever I'm in the Kalamazoo/Mattawan area, Chinn Chinn is a must stop. Expect a wait but it is worth it. Also their take out is by time so I'll often call the afternoon of my trip through that area later that evening in order to be sure my time is available. Their Mongolian Beef and Mushu are both favorite dishes. For anyone from Kzoo that enjoyed the now closed Peking Palace, this is the same family and many of the same flavors.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“A Little Jewel Near I-96”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The place is doing a brisk business and we had to wait for a table about 15 minutes on a Sunday afternoon. We were vegetarians and they were happy to accommodate us. Our friends had Chow Mein with soft noodles and said there food was excellent. We had fried rice chock full of fresh vegetables, many more than usual Chinese Restaurants. I had the bean curd and vegetables. Sauce was excellent. Everything was served in a large white bowl. We had little appetizers, fried wonton skins and sauce for dipping. They also brought us little bowls of fresh cut pineapple. It is a busy, crowded cafe with TV's on the wall with peaceful scenes like fish or a crackling fire. Our waitress was very accommodating and even shook all our hands when she was done. We had many left overs and enjoyed them the next day.

• Visited April 2012
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Best Chinese food in SW MI”
Reviewed 13 April 2012 via mobile

Drove 40 minutes to eat at chinn chinn. Space is small, waited about 20 minutes for a table. Bar right at the door when you walk in which is nice if you have to wait. Food was very good, better than any other Chinese food we have eaten at in SW MI. Service was also fast once seated. Ordered to go as well because food was so good. Will definitely return.