“Great family campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mears
Yogi Bear Jellystone Park - Silver Lake
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

We had a good experience here. I would come again. The staff was friendly and the bathrooms were clean. The sites were spacious and well maintained. They had a lot of fun activities for the kids as well.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank tigerc420

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed here over Memorial weekend & had a great time. This was our fourth visit to this campground, & we enjoy this place so much we return every year! This park is very clean and kept well. There are so many activities to keep the kids busy: Games, wagon rides, the pool, arcade, craft activities, shirt tye dying, movies/cartoons, fishing pond, & playground. This campground is a overall great place to stay when visiting the Silver Lake area, especially if you have kids age 0-11.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Chel82
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We are Yogi Bear campers and have switched to only attending Yogi Bear campgrounds because of our 7-year old son. We have a Yogi Bear campground near us and we cannot stop attending because we have such a good time. That got us hooked on attending Yogi Bear campgrounds where we have been to several of them so we decided to visit you Yogi Bear campground after stopping by last year with my brothers and sister.
I am originally from Muskegon, MI and my mother, brother and extended family still live there. We wanted to visit my family in Muskegon, MI this year and decided to stay at this campground. We were assigned duplex #2. This way we could visit family, take in the attractions at Silver Lake and be around our favorite brand of campground. My brother decided to buy a trailer and stayed at the campground so we all could be together.
We were over at the kid’s race track where we met Bob, Jake and Logan. Those three can make kids happy and the more we met Jake and Logan we found out why. My brother and his Fiancé has a special needs child with brittle bone disease and has to have breathing and feeding tubes at times. We found out that Jake was a special needs child when he was little and he showed us his scars. Jacob the special needs child, the grandmother, my brother and the nurse were so happy because they could tell that Jake knew how to make Jacob feel like he was on top of the world and that Logan knew exactly what to do to help. They managed to get the kids not only to ride once but several times around the track and if the kids wanted to ride again we were willing to pay because they were happy and having fun.
Bob asked us where we were staying and how our experience was. When we started telling him about the campground and duplex he said that he knew the owner for 23 years and that the owners would want to know because this is not an experience that they would want their customers to have.
I hate to say it but we had a very disappointing experience at the campground and that it did not live up to the Yogi Bear expectation. We specifically emailed the staff prior to our leaving to find out what we needed to bring. What we were told was that we needed to bring linens, which to us are sheets and pillow cases. What we found out is we needed more than sheets and pillow cases in the unit and the unit did not include the following:
· Blankets for three beds
· Bath towels
· Hand towels
· Wash cloths
· Kitchen hand towels
· Kitchen wash rags
· Hot pads
· Hand soap for bathroom sink and shower
· Shampoo
· Dish soap
· Dishwasher soap
· Trash bags
· Paper towels
We brought some of the items because we needed it for another part of our trip. What we did not have we had to borrow from my brother’s trailer or purchase the rest of the items needed.
Also the duplex was in terrible condition and had the following problems:
· The window cranks were broken
· The mini blinds were broken or falling off
· The microwave was broken and we had it replaced
· There were dirty carpets – our white socks were black from walking on it.
· No large bowls
· No measuring cups
· No heat and it went down to 51 degrees one night
· The key chain tag broke off the key chain. We had to get a piece of packing tape to fix it.
· A Very dirty love set
· A burned out light bulb in a lamp
· No towel holders in the bathroom
· The duplex faces the main road which does not allow campers to enjoy the campground experience like those staying on the camp sites.
· Overall a very dirty unit – When we got home all the stuff that we used in the unit had a bad stink and we had to wash everything
Overall, of our experiences while staying at Yogi Bear cabins/duplexes, this one was unacceptable. We tried to talk to a manager and we were told there was “no full time onsite manager” and that Kim worked only on certain days and certain times. We cannot believe you do not have multiple managers so everything is covered full time. The office said Kim did try to visit us at the duplex but we were at my bothers campsite 106. Kim could have left a note on the door to inform us that she attempted to meet us and when her availability was to get together.
On our first night (Saturday) my brother had his special needs child staying in the trailer with his grandmother. On Sunday we wanted Jacob to have a safe riding experience with Yogi. We were told to meet the activities director at 11:30 to discuss it. She told us to get in line right away and she would take care of us. Instead of allowing my brother to get him on and settled next to Yogi she let everyone else jump on and I was left trying to keep them back from bumping into Jacob. The girl playing Yogi did understand and was wonderful in the way she was treating Jacob but your activities director who jumped on first did not understand the importance of Jacob’s medical safety.
I could see their operations being run better by Bob, Jake and Logan because they treat their customers by delivering the best customer service at the kid’s race track.
We were hoping that our first experience at this campground would be like the other Yogi Bear experiences where we would want to make the yearly trip to Michigan and want to stay at their campground. However, this experience was not up to our expectations from the Yogi Bear franchise.
An advertisement for their campground was misleading and indicated that they had more cabins that you did.
For the amount that we paid for the duplex for 4-nights it was not worth it. We could have rented a trailer and one of your campsites for a lower price and it would have included everything mentioned above and we could have camped next to my brother’s campsite.
Craig and Lorie we would appreciate your response to the problems encountered at your campground. We hate to leave with a bad experience in our memories.

This was sent on 8-25-12 and as of 12-7-12 we have not received any response from the owners or had Leasure Systems which is the Franchise for Jellystone Camping.

Room Tip: Only get a campsite.
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I had come up for a long weekend to see my family and come to find out there is a 1am quiet time, lights out, and be in your tent "rule"!! First of all, this is ridiculous! I have stayed here for close to 20 years with my family and have never heard of this "rule" before. Ranger Rick came by my familys' campsite and said "OK, time to go to bed now, lights and fire out by 1am". I just cant believe y'all would actually enforce this to adults. My mom and I were just sitting by the campfire, whispering to eachother and all of a sudden this man comes out of the shadows and says all this to us. I am NEVER NEVER EVER staying at this crummy campground again. Also the younger girls you have working the front desk at check in are also un-polite, argumenative, lazy, and over all the worst I've seen in the many years of my travels. I hope everyone that reads this gets an idea of how horrible this establishment is and vows to not stay at that property!!!!!

6  Thank E D
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We were here for a family camping trip with two other families. Having just returned from the west coast I was not tired at 1 am and wanted to sit by fire. At 1 am we had no lights on and were whispering. Ranger Rick, not so friendly did his rounds and shined his light on our site. He proceeded to rudely tell us to get to bed. It would be one thing if we were loud or causing problems. As an adult I didn't appreciate being scolded or told what to do when we were being quiet and respectful! We have kids ourselves we didn't want to disturb. To top it off he did his rounds all night and at one point parked behind our tent At 230 am. Ridiculous and unacceptable. Won't be returning.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Kleighbd
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This is a campground more suited for families with kids. There are many activities going on all day for the kids. It is just a short walk away from town and very conveniently located. If you are young adults looking to get away for fun then I don't really recommend this place because there are kids everywhere and can get annoying and loud, and as someone else had mentioned you can't stay up after 1:00am. Other than that the campsites are large and provides for a great camping atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank RyanL10
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stay on a group site for a long weekend with 3 - 4 other families and have for the past 3 years. Tons of fun - lots of togetherness. The group sites (only 3 of them) are at the back of property, so it is quite woodsy. Overall, the camground's location is super convenient, as we go up in the dunes to have fun and Yogi Bear Jellystone is right in the center of town. It is right next to Craig's Cruisers, so if you need your kids sleeping before 11 p.m., they might have to get used to the drone of the go-karts til then to fall asleep.

It is nice that they watch the quiet time closely, as we all get so worn out from doing all the fun stuff that we all want to sleep by midnight anyway.

Room Tip: Try a group site for multiple families and tents.
2  Thank tlc237
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mears
Dunes Waterfront Resort
Sierra Sands Family Lodge
Best Western Lakewinds
Best Western Lakewinds
#4 of 17 in Ludington

Been to Yogi Bear Jellystone Park - Silver Lake? Share your experiences!