We travelled to the Silver Sands area for a wedding near Lake Michigan early June, 2014. I highly recommend this hotel. Rooms and grounds are very clean and nicely appointed. The pool and hot tub area is neatly maintained and clean with many comfortable chairs around it as well as a covered area for shade versus constant sun. The staff is extremely accommodating, knowledgeable, and personable. They went out of their way to cater to every request; corkscrew + bottle opener, plastic glasses, office supplies, directions and tips, even a message for the wedding party on their marquee sign in front of the hotel. It is very close to Lake Michigan and the Little Sable Lighthouse which is worth a visit; beautiful beach and scenery. We no longer live in Michigan, but know that summer in western Michigan is gorgeous, some call it “the 3rd coast”. This hotel provides a great jumping off point to experience it. If there is any down side is spotty phone + internet coverage. The location is "away from it all" so it comes with the territory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newest family friendly lodging at Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Featuring Kid’s Suites with separate cozy bunkroom for children to enjoy their own TV/Play Station as well as a Two Bedroom Family Suite. Standard Rooms include two queen beds, flat screen TV, DVD player. Heated outdoor pool and spa, inviting park area, equipped with basketball area, playground equipment, picnic tables and grills. Experience the thrill and beauty of Silver Lake Sand Dunes and the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sierra Sands Family Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Sands Family Hotel Mears
- Sierra Sands Family Motel