“great hotel has a resort feel”

Holiday Inn Midland
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Sudbury, Canada
“great hotel has a resort feel”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have stayed here 5 times, the hotel is terrific. The staff is helpful and rooms are clean.
The restaurant is always hopping which is great for drinks and socializing. It is a sports bar which always has games on and stays open late which is nice in a hotel. My kids love the pool and hot tub, and you are in mall parking lot which is great for shopping. Lots of good restaurants nearby as well, like the olive garden. Nice to be in hotel with fun atmosphere and full of life.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank todd i

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Melvindale, Michigan
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were greeted with warm and friendly smiles after a long day. The room was spotless and inviting. We went down to the Big E (connected to the hotel) for dinner and drinks. It is a fun sportsbar with a great menu! Then went to the pool area - loved it because it stayed open till 11pm! Soaked in the hottub and drifted off into a dreamy sleep in the comfy bed. We only spent one night but I was impressed with this beautiful hotel tucked in the middle of Michigan.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 11 September 2013

If you happen to find yourself in Midland MI, this is a good option for a place to stay. The hotel is pretty new and well maintained. Location is convenient to the main mall area and restaurants. The staff is friendly and service is great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
bflavin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Midland, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
forgetthis,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Midland and for writing us review about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel decor and its location to surrounding restaurants and entertainment. Our staff prides themselves on providing you with the best possible experience while you stay with us. Our manager will be sure to recognize our staff on all their hard work and dedication in our next meeting. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Have a great day!
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 28 August 2013

If you haven't stayed in a regular Holiday Inn in a while (like me), your mental picture of Holiday Inn may be one of once reasonably nice middle-of-the road properties that have become very tired and dated over the years, and as such a hotel chain to largely avoid. If the The Midland, MI Holiday Inn is representative of the "new" Holiday Inn, my impression has completely changed. First, the property is very attractive, from the exterior to the public areas to the guest rooms. My room was spacious, modern, comfortable, clean, and well-decorated. The hotel restaurant doubles as a huge, upscale-looking sports bar with a good menu and ample selection of beers and other beverages. Staff at both the front desk and restaurant were personable and helpful. Even the housekeeping staff was remarkably friendly and efficient, going out of their way to cheerfully greet guests they encountered. My only complaint was the very steep price for one night, no doubt a function of strong demand due to a nearby youth soccer tournament that weekend. Seemed like gouging despite the otherwise nice experience. The location near the mall and other businesses was a plus.

1 Thank sparcouvol
Byron Center, Michigan
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We come here every year and have the Grandkids overnight. We love the kids eat free if 12 or under. We also enjoy the E restaurant adjoining so always eat poolside, which is nice and easy and no one has to change clothes. Josie is our favorite waitress! The pool is fairly small, but in the shape of Michigan and they enjoy it a lot. the hot tub is both indoors and outdoors. The beds are nice and the comforter is cozy. the staff is friendly and that includes everyone. if you meet the cleaning staff in the hall they smile and wish you a great day. the check in staff noticed and commented about my granddaughter's new dress outfit and it made her day. there is no breakfast, but apples or oranges available in a basket and free coffee in the lobby. the prices are not cheap. we paid 135 total. it helps that the kids get free meals, which saved us about $20.00. my only complaint is how noisy (and I admit my grandkids contributed to it) the area around the pool can get. there is an adult time in late evening when kids are not allowed to swim so the adults can do so in peace. also, the air in the pool room was very cold compared to our past experiences. It's usually like a sauna in there and we were cold when getting out of the pool trying to eat. If you have kids, this is our place of choice for Midland. Enjoy!

2 Thank emptywallet
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We really liked the pool area in this hotel with adjoining sports bar. The rooms were nice and the beds super comfortable. The bathroom was clean and appeared to be recently rennovated. It was also close to stores and walking distance to a walmart. No regrets at all, but we didnt exactly get a great rate, so we might go elsewhere next time for a continental breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank lotzasmiles
NC
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had just spent the night before in another Holiday Inn (this one an express) in another town that I was very disappointed in, so wasn't sure what to expect. The staff was amazing, I ordered breakfast to go in the restaurant downstairs and they helped me carry it all up to my family in my room. The rooms were spotless, the décor was modern, clean and very nice. The beds were very comfortable. There is a game room for the kids, a nice indoor pool area with a heated pool and hot tub which is large, half indoors and half outdoors. The restaurant serves decent food at a fair price, very large portions. It was quiet and we were able to sleep well.

The only issue I had was my key to the room quit working, I went downstairs and had it reset, went back to my room and it still didn't work. The clerk at the desk was in training and didn't know that if the key fails twice it usually means you need to reset the lock. Instead she gave me a completely new key to the room, which still didn't work. My room was on the 4th floor, and the elevators are very slow, I went through all these trips up and down with a 4 year old in tow doing the potty dance. Finally another clerk came up with me and reset the lock, it worked after that. She explained to me the clerk was in training and didn't realize this. Otherwise, our stay was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
bflavin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Midland, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
NcTarheelFan,
First, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and writing us such kind words in your review. Our company strives themselves on providing every guest with the best possible experience to every guest from the minute the arrive in the parking lot to the minute they leave. I am glad that you enjoyed our room decor and cleanliness.

I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room door. In the next managers meeting will be sure to bring that up as a training point during our front desk orientation. Again, we appreciate you being an IHG Rewards Club member and we hope you stay with us again soon.