“Great Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Midland
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I'm an IHG member and was passing through town on business and was flying out of the airport the next morning. I was only there for the night and I got in late. Check in was easy and the staff was very friendly. I got a $4 off coupon for the bar/restaurant and was able to use it on a glass of wine that I took back to my room. I didn't stay for food, but it seemed to be a happening place even on a Wednesday night. I had a large handicap room on the first floor and it was huge. Very nicely decorated and clean. I had to leave really early in the morning to get to the airport and it was a very easy drive down the interstate to get there. This was probably one of the nicest Holiday Inn's that I have stayed at and I would stay here again. The only downfall was the internet was extremely slow when I had some work to do.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sparklintan
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Midland

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We recently made two brief, one night visits to this hotel. It is a new and modern hotel with large, clean and comfortable rooms. One room had a huge jacuzzi though we didn't use it. We did however use the hotel's excellent pool and hot-tub. We were able to swim through a plastic screen from the indoor section of the hot-tub to an outdoor section which we really enjoyed.
Restaurant meals and service were excellent and enjoyed outdoors on a patio area.
We found all staff to be really helpful and welcoming.
The hotel is located close to the interstate and adjacent to a large mall with all the usual stores. The mall is built in several sections so driving between sections is necessary.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine_Roger
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed three nights at one of the finest Holiday Inns we have ever been in. The room was quiet,very clean,the color scheme was very attractive,the staff was very helpful and the restaurant is a Sports Bar but the food is excellent !! The finishes and attention to detail in this hotel make it an outstanding place to stay. The one draw back we found is that there is no sleep timer on the tv remote !! Ha Ha

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at! The staff was super friendly, even moved me to a better room I saw for only a small extra fee.

The room was meticulous. I've never seen a room this clean. There's usually at least 1 hair on the bathroom floor ha-ha. The room was well equip. Spacious bathroom and room, nice kitchenette, sitting area.

Lobby was great. Free coffee at all times. There is even a little "convenience store" with misc things you may have forgotten, batteries, etc.

The pool area was awesome. Pool & Hot tub we perfect, they even have adult only hours. And my favorite part, the attached restaurant goes into the pool and you can order food/drinks from the pool area.

Location is very convenient, I'm not very familiar with Midland we were there for an event. But I guess you would call this downtown? Its basically a mall where all the major stores are, meijers, target, etc. So you are a 1 minute drive from anything you need, but this particular hotel is set back from all of that so its quiet.

Will never stay anywhere else if I come back to Midland and probably will be loyal to the Holiday Inn chain from now on!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kristina3150
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have stayed here 5 times, the hotel is terrific. The staff is helpful and rooms are clean.
The restaurant is always hopping which is great for drinks and socializing. It is a sports bar which always has games on and stays open late which is nice in a hotel. My kids love the pool and hot tub, and you are in mall parking lot which is great for shopping. Lots of good restaurants nearby as well, like the olive garden. Nice to be in hotel with fun atmosphere and full of life.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank todd i
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were greeted with warm and friendly smiles after a long day. The room was spotless and inviting. We went down to the Big E (connected to the hotel) for dinner and drinks. It is a fun sportsbar with a great menu! Then went to the pool area - loved it because it stayed open till 11pm! Soaked in the hottub and drifted off into a dreamy sleep in the comfy bed. We only spent one night but I was impressed with this beautiful hotel tucked in the middle of Michigan.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2013

If you happen to find yourself in Midland MI, this is a good option for a place to stay. The hotel is pretty new and well maintained. Location is convenient to the main mall area and restaurants. The staff is friendly and service is great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
bflavin, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

forgetthis,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Midland and for writing us review about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel decor and its location to surrounding restaurants and entertainment. Our staff prides themselves on providing you with the best possible experience while you stay with us. Our manager will be sure to recognize our staff on all their hard work and dedication in our next meeting. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Have a great day!