“Dahlia Lovers-Dont miss this display”
Review of Dahlia Hill

Dahlia Hill
Ranked #8 of 29 things to do in Midland
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I have been growing dahlias and love all the colours, shapes and sizes. When I read about Dahlia Hill, I knew that it was an adventure I had to take. Six hours and a two mile bike ride later, I was in Heaven. Ohhh, I now have my list for next year and can't wait to start buying tubers this winter.

I was also a bit disappointed that I couldn't walk every row; however, I appreciate all the hard work that has been put into making this Gardena beautiful site for dahlia lovers. Many thanks to so many dedicated dahlia lovers and thank you for having a section of Wynns Dahlias. I have purchased many from them and felt it was a nice tribute to his wonderful contributions to the dahlia community.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We recently visited Dahlia Hill in Midland on a week night evening. It was a beautiful evening to do so. We had a picnic supper with us but no picnic table! Seems to be there was one table located here before. There are some beautiful old large trees in the parking area, one of which is a stunning willow tree. Yes, that is where the picnic table belongs!

Several tiered rows of gorgeous, well cared for and maintained dahlias to behold. We come a few times a season, to see the progress of these flowers, a favorite of my DH. There are gravel pathways every few rows, and you are suppose to stay on those gravel pathways (a sign indicated this). However, there are dirt pathways along each row and many people walk along these, also. You can't see all of the dahlias up close without doing so. They are getting too picky about this. But the display is wonderful; starting around 2nd week of August, lasting a month or so. A few benches scattered here and there.

There are two small museum buildings at the top of the hill-used as offices, classroom/meeting rooms and an art museum. The artwork is that of one of the founders of Dahlia Hill. Free.

The last 2 Saturdays of May, they will give away free tubers (you may have to purchase them now, they used to be free) of dahlias, tubers they cannot use for their displays.

Spend a little while roaming among the rows (dirt pathways or not..LOL) of beautiful dahlias.

Can management see about getting a picnic table in this park?? :)

2  Thank tymetraveler222
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I discovered this lovely spot just a few years ago. There is no cost to view these gorgeous flowers. The Dahlia Hill displays a wide range of colors and varieties of dahlias. I usually visit late summer or early fall when most of the other flowers are fading away. You can spend a few minutes enjoying their beauty or an hour. Be sure to bring your camera.

1  Thank SharonEssexville
Reviewed 28 December 2012

if you are visiting midland during the later summer months, or early fall, be certain to stop by dahlia hill. the dahlias are lovely and this hill gives much beauty to one of the most travelled intersections in midland.

near emerson park, dahlia hill has grown and developed over the years to showcase more than 3000 dahlias every august. the variety of the blooms is outstanding, and usually one of the volunteers or members of the society are available and willing to answer your questions.

dahlia hill also offers group presentations and other activities throughout the year. many volunteers work at the hill and the society is always looking for more people who enjoy gardening.

this is a free activity, and one that you will not want to miss on your trip to midland.

1  Thank preppygirl56
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Very nice in bloom, but not very large. Will not take very long to admire the beautiful flowers. It is a great volunteer effort.