“Not good at meeting your needs.”

Best Western Valley Plaza Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Not good at meeting your needs.”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We liked the it had the smaller pool for children. However the pools were cloudy, there is no security for the drunk and unruling people that are screaming bad words in the middle of the night with my 8 and 6 year old woken up! We called the front desk 3 times nothing was done. Breakfast is ok. Our first room we was given smelled like smoke.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kris s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I reacently was on vacation with me and my daughter, we chose to stay at the Best Western in Midland. Front desk service was great very friendly. The prices were perfect and room was excelent for the price. There was a lot to do for my daughter and I from....swimming(in both pools lol) hot tub and sona, impressive weight room, the arcade, bowling, putt putt golf, movie theatre, great family restaurants, and a lake out back. We had plenty of things to do are whole stay. Everything was in walking distance from our room. I didn't camp in the camp groans, it seemed to be a nice camp area well maintained. Even though I may have bothered them the staff and management were aways very friendly.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Slo1
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The hotel itself is a bit run down and in need of some renovation, but the price was reasonable. I was traveling with my dog, and they put me in a room in an unused wing of the hotel, which was nice so I didn't have to worry about bothering anyone. Overall, it was a decent value.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Remus, Michigan
Reviewed 8 December 2011

The experience with the vally plaza is so very exciting, there are plenty of things you can do you can swim, sit in hot tubs, and play arcade. The best part about this luxary place is the people they are so very nice and they know just how to make sure you get the service that you need. If you ever need a fun and exciting place to visit come and join the valley plaza inn you will have the best experience of a lifetime.....

Room Tip: Four seasons is the best place to stay closest to the back by the little pond when you wake up in th...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Remus, Michigan
Reviewed 6 December 2011

its by far the best hotel i've stayed at and the first one i would suggest to anyone else who would be looking for a place to stay or to just relax. I say all this because, there are many things to do while your there you can, go swimming, play games at the arcade, and go to the movies. All these things are also on the same land which makes it faster to go to them.

Room Tip: near the pool
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Michigan USA
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We missed our flights from MBS airport MI we were shuttled to & from the hotel, the room was faultless, staff were so friendly, helpful & nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was superb I would recommend this facility, with the business room computer & printer allowed us to make the necessary business changes to our itinerary
From the young lady who drove the shuttle car to the receptionist, the lady who looks after the restaurant, even the cleaner every one so helpful, caring doing what ever they could to ensure your stay was a happy and contented one, they done everything they could to help us cope with a very sressful & difficult time..
It was late when we arrived and the restaurant had only just closed we would thoroughly recommend the Mongolian restaurant across the road.
The hotel is a very clean warm friendly place to stay with a pool, spa and games room & movie theatre if needed.
I even got to meet the resident ghost 'Martin', a friendly person quite harmless who likes to make his presence known, he just likes to keep an eye on what is happening. The staff who have also had the pleasure of meeting Martin are only too happy to tell you about him reassuring you there is no reason to fear him.
My husband & I are back in Australia but do plan to visit again.
Rosalie & Jerome D

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I was in Midland the first time for a business trip. The front desk is very nice and helpful for my stay, room is very clean and bed is comfortable. I really enjoy the free hot breakfast in a very nicely decorated restaurant. The swimming pool and sauna is wonderful after a busy day of meetings that I had.

I would definitely come back for next stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Midland hotels
Baymont Inn & Suites Midland
#3 of 11 in Midland
The H Hotel
The H Hotel
#1 of 11 in Midland

Been to Best Western Valley Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Valley Plaza Inn

Property: Best Western Valley Plaza Inn
Address: 5221 Bay City Rd, Midland, MI 48642-6351 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Valley Plaza Inn)
Region: United States > Michigan > Midland
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Valley Plaza Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Valley Plaza Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Valley Plaza Hotel Midland