“Rouch Resort!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Midland
michigan
“Rouch Resort!”
Reviewed 8 March 2010

The room was aweful (stains, hair, smelled) the balthroom had long black hair in the shower, counters and toilet. The pool had gum at the bottom, whirlpool was pure foam. Upon checking in, we were given incorrect information regarding room and pricing than what we reserved. The movie theater had nothing for kids. Went to the one receptionist that was eating behind the counter everytime spoke to her and after we explained our concern for the room, she didn't even care. Were planning on staying two nights for a getaway with the kids, left first thing in the morning. It was disgusting and disappointing!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
alpena
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Where do I start. I payed 10.00 dollars exta for a roll away bed. It was not in the room when we arrived. I called for one and somebody brought it right away. However it looked like somebody had slept on it and it wasnt cleaned. We had ants in our bathroom. The staff tried to blame it on food in the room however we had NO food in the room. I made reservations for two adults and three children, only one large bath towel was in the bathroom. The maid never came to refresh the room on day two. We asked the staff if this had to be requested and they stated "No they refresh the rooms daily". We returned in the afternoon to the same pile of wet towels and no service to our room. After complaining at checkout they did give us 60 dollars off. I would have rather had a clean room! The eating area for breakfast was also dirty (Nicoles) The walls next to the tables needed a good cleaning and streaks of food and dirt could be seen on them. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Midland hotels

houston,texas
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Hotel has a very specious rooms with lots of other amenities you get with your price. Kids have great time to play with games in game room as well as they have nice time to movie and swimming pool too and much more great of this hotel is they have lesser deeper pool for youner kids. I did have great time with staff because they are very friendly and they were help us in our every request . also we did enjoy bowling too. kids have good breakfast and they enjoy in Marketplace.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Stayed one night on Sunday, Sept. 13th at the Inn. This complex is large and has several buildings including a theatre, bowling alley, and RV park. The two pools in the Inn, although supposedly open 24 hours, were empty, closed for updating, I guess. The health club did have a nice pool in the other building. The receptionist kindly offered to move us to the other building, but we were just staying one night, so we didn't bother. That other pool closed at 8 p.m.
There is a lovely garden in the large courtyard. Our room had a large balcony overlooking the courtyard which was very pleasant. The decor was a bit dated, but the beds and rooms were clean and comfortable. Dining options were very limited. This is a complex all by itself. To get any choice of restaurants you have to drive 2 stops on the freeway to Eastman Road--which is the busy strip area. It has a mall, many restaurants, stores, etc. Free cold breakfast was standard motel food. Very few guests were staying the same Sunday that we were there. It felt practically deserted. It was OK, but nothing to brag about.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Central Michigan
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Stayed 3 nights at the Valley Plaza Suites. Very outdated. Have to check in at the Best Western. Kicked out of the pool on Friday at noon for adult water aerobics. Awoke Saturday morning to go to breakfast (at Best Western) have to switch buildings for our breakfast (nothing special) anyway had a German Sheherd running the halls barking with no owner in sight. 2 Valley Plaza employees in the hall telling us to stay clear the dog was trying to bite them. There are no pets allowed in the Suites. We left the building. Went for a walk after breakfast on the Resort grounds to find beer cans and a broken beer bottle on the walkway. Party in the hallway outside our room at 1:30am Sunday. Tried to call the front desk to find out our room phone did not work. Called with my cell and they did get them to go in their rooms. Awoke at 3:30am Sunday the party was in the next room. Checked out Sunday morning and talked to the person at the counter. Filled out a comment card. Also was sent an online survey from the Valley Plaza Resort manager. Never recieved a response. On the up side the kids did have fun at the bowling alley next door and the resturant Gimmicks was great.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 15 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights during a family visit. The geographic location was perfect for us. The beautiful courtyard garden was in full bloom. We enjoyed having the large, clean, indoor pool all to ourselves one morning, although in the evenings the pool was busy. The summer weekday rate of $69 was a bargain--but the movie theater was not open on weeknights. We were also disappointed that the restaurant, Nicole's, is not open for lunch. We had other plans for our dinners and so did not have a chance to try Nicole's.

We stayed here last December as well but might go somewhere else next time. The free wireless internet had a very weak signal (even in the main lobby), so I went to the business center and used an ethernet cable. However, as soon as I sat down in the desk chair, a tiny, dark bug jumped on my arm and bit me, then hoped away. While I quickly checked my email, I had the sensation that other tiny bugs were biting me. When I mentioned that to the staff member at the desk, she said she would report it. I asked whether someone might have brought their dog into the business center and left fleas there, and she said no dogs are allowed on the premises. I would have appreciated concern or empathy from her. Other disappointments: no fat-free milk or whole wheat bread at the otherwise diverse continental breakfast; use of styrofoam cups, plates, and saucers (recycled paper plates such as Chinet(R) would have been better, but...Midland is Dow country); odd room color scheme: red brick wall with tan furniture and mauve bedspreads; road noise (covered by running the wall unit air conditioner or fan all night). The brick walls make the hallways seem dark and depressing, and it seems to me they must be difficult to clean.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Stayed a couple of days in July on business. Service, cleanliness were great! Overall a great value. I would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business