“Barista ruined it for me.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
Midland, Michigan
“Barista ruined it for me.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have always loved going to Espresso Milano until recently. A barista was extremely rude to me and questioned my intelligence, which is an insult considering I worked at a coffee shop for years. I apparently called a drink by the "wrong" name, and when I said that's what I have been calling it for years, I mentioned how my favorite coffee shop across town (Coffee Chaos) knows the drink, she quickly attacked them and said she used to work there and they would have never let me order that drink by the wrong name. I will sadly not be returning because of her rudeness and ignorance. No customer service.

Visited September 2013

Sanford, Michigan
“Mine and my boyfriend's fav coffee place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is mine and my boyfriend's FAVORITE coffee place! I love Espresso Milano!! The interior is gorgeous! I love the colors and the artwork! As soon as you walk in, you will see a giant chalkboard menu with different colors and fonts! The prices are not bad at all (a little cheaper than Starbucks A LOT better too). They have such a huge variety of coffees and teas that literally anyone could go in there and find something that they like. All of the staff is very friendly and the owner Brett is a really nice guy and you can tell that he is really proud of his coffee shop! We will continue to be faithful customers!

• Visited December 2012
Midland, Michigan
“Good coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Love the drip coffee here. I appreciate the bottomless cup option for customers that hang out for a bit. I also buy the Organic French Roast beans for home.

Visited March 2013
Windsor, Canada
“Cute and comfy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

I enjoyed this little cafe, it was very reasonable and extremely good coffee.

The crowd was younger 20's, teenagers. I would go back if I was in the area.

Visited October 2012
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“A Pocket of Normal People in Midland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This place is one of my favorite places to visit when I drive through because it has a normal clientele in a town filled with quite snooty people.

PROS:

- Ice cream coffee drinks are freaking amazing. Try them.
- I'm not sure if you can still buy the crunchy, chocolate-covered espresso beans, but if they do, get some. Love them.
- Friendly staff.
- Great, downtown location (if Midland has a downtown). :P

CONS:

- Their web site is very well designed, but they are missing the most important information of all: THE DRINK MENU! It says, "Coming soon," but this really is the most important piece of info that they need online. Come on, fix it.
- The location is a bit small and cramped. It's not really a con, more of a reality of the situation that they are in. Would love to see them move into a bit bigger area, but the small space does make it cozy if there are not too many people there, which is never the case. ;)

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles