“ok but ........”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Midland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I was in Midland to watch the fastpitch championships. I was going to be at the park all day so I only needed a place to sleep at night. Given the low price compared to other hotels, I was a bit hesitant but it was a great place for the price. Two double beds, a couch, corner table, large counter when you enter, big room for the price. McDonalds right beside (i used them for breakfast so can't comment on the hotels breakfast), a Tim Horton's (yes Tim Hortons!) just down the road, a Kmart and produce store right across the street. I didn't use the pool or anything else at the hotel. My rating is based on a large clean room at a good price just for sleeping - cause that's all I wanted. Their wireless internet service worked fine as well. If I went back looking for the same type of place, I'd certainly come back here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank waterloo89
Woodbridge, California
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Ok.....
I live on the road for work & we try to save a buck or two..
This hotel is not the Ritz ~ But it is better than most out there.....
If your looking to stay at a Holiday Inn & Express this is not it.
But if your looking for a decent place to stay & save a buck or to this will do.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I was a bit hesitant to book this motel but everything was booked or too expensive for the quality. I had stayed here about 10 years ago when I locked myself out of my apartment and I'd heard they'd remodeled so I figured I would give it a chance. I had ridiculously low expectations and my first room failed to even meet those. It was near the street and on the 2nd floor. FIrst thing I notice if the light switch by the door is taped over, the security light is right above the window and the air was blowing directly on the bed. Only a desk separated the a/c unit and the bed. If I had stayed in this room I probably would have a headache or earache the next morning from even the fan blowing on me all night. But this was just a place to sleep, so I could try to deal with it.

The bathroom was laid out a bit strange and the toilet seat needs to be replaced. It was stained and quite old, but appeared clean so I could overlook it. A large amount of enamel was missing from the tub, which would have bothered me but I wasn't planning on using it, so again could overlook it. The tv stand was scratched up and the carpet was a bit damp, which I attributed to the air being on so high. So I carry all my stuff up the stairs, then have to go back down and into the main building to get ice. The vending machine was out of the only non-caffeine selection and didn't even have a full selection. Like the machine could have 6 drinks and there was only 5 and 2 or 3 were sold out. Went back to my room and decided I was in for the night and then I lost it. The chain to secure the door was almost completely ripped from the wall! With everything else wrong with the room I couldn't handle it. I felt like I was in some drug motel or a pay by the hour type place. I hauled all my stuff back to my car, found out another hotel had some cancellations and went in to check out. The manager offered to put me in a different room first, which I agreed to. It was a night and day difference. This was a remodeled first floor king bed jacuzzi room. I didn't pay the additional fee for the jacuzzi but it looked nice. The bedspread was nicer and newer, the bathroom was in perfect condition, the floor was dry and the door lock was totally different plus the chain was attached to the wall. If you have to stay here for any reason, make sure you request the jacuzzi rooms because I have a feeling those are the only nice ones.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sabinebaby

Travellers are raving about these Midland hotels

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. On the morning after the second night, I went to turn on the shower, but no water came! Then I tried the sink - again, no water. Next, I called the front desk to see what was going on. They said that a water main break had occurred. I had to shortly leave for work, so I couldn't shower.

That evening when I returned, water was back on. However, I wanted to get at least a partial refund so I went to the front desk. When I explained what happened, the individual at the front desk said that since the water main break wasn't the motel's fault, it didn't make sense for me to get any money back! In addition, he said that all the guests at the motel were informed about the situation 30 minutes before the water was shut off. That was definitely not the case for me.

By the way, I was traveling for business; since, my company only reimburses me for the costs I incur on my trip, I have no direct incentive to get a partial refund (my company just wouldn't have to reimburse me as much). Regardless, a partial refund would have been the right thing to do.

I won't stay at this hotel the next time I'm in Midland; you shouldn't either.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim M
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Unfriendly customer service and for a few more bucks you can be staying at places that are a lot nicer.

They say you get what you pay for but if I said that about this place, you would be overpaying.

When I went to book my room the girl at the desk was extremely unfriendly and had a lot of attitude for no reason.

When I left I let her know if she doesn't change her attitude, they will be lucky to get anymore business. Because the place isn't even clean to begin with.

Just avoid this place all together.

Room Tip: Just avoid it