“Stinks”
Review of Midland Motor Inn

Midland Motor Inn
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The entire room stunk so bad I had to go to the laundry with all our clothes. The smell of old stale cigarette smoke was horrid. Even the bedding smelled bad. People smoking outside the front door. You have to walk through it to get to registration. I used bleach water to clean the bathroom, before I used it. Horrible, old and nasty. Jake at the desk was rude.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pbtmm
midlandmotorinn, Webmaster at Midland Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2010

Dear Guest;

Thank you for choosing Midland Motor Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you also for taking the time to fill out a guest review. It is these reviews that help us to be sure that the standards which we wish to maintain are being upheld.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The housekeeping staff received additional training in what we require of them in maintaining the rooms at the high cleanliness level which we have set.

• Jake and the rest of the desk staff have received extra training in the matter of courtesy that we expect them to show to our guests.

• We have spoken to our staff about making sure that the area around the front door is clearly designated as a no smoking area.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will choose to stay at Midland Motor Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 14 February 2008

My 19 yr old son and I stayed here on Feb 2. This is definately the WORST hotel I have ever been in. It is extremely dated and rundown. The wall paper was coming off the walls. It still had the old style air conditioner in the walls that had a flock of birds living in it.

The thermostat did not work in the room. It was set on 85 when we went into the room, but it never got above 70 degrees. We called the office and they DID bring us a portable electric heater to use for the night. But, the people beside us said there thermostat did not work either, as their room was extremely hot and they could not control it by the thermostat. My sister stayed a couple doors down, and their thermostat actually fell off the wall when they tried to adjust it.

The room just felt and looked dirty, which the baseboards were. And when you entered the room there were tiles and nowhere to wipe your feet and there was salt tracked everywhere. We had to make sure we ALWAYS had shoes on to walk around.

I can handle an older style hotel, but this was in very poor condition. We paid $65 for the room, and it was NOT worth it at all. The owners would be much better off getting 20 rooms cleaned up and updated and only renting out those 20 rooms till they get the rest done, because to continue to rent out the rooms in the condition they are in is just bad business practice on their part.

I would NOT recommend this hotel at all. There were just too many things broken, old and in disrepair.

The owners were quite nice though about bringing us a heater.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jackiedog

Dear Guest;

Thank you for choosing Midland Motor Inn for your recent stay.

Upon receiving your review immediate steps were taken. Housekeeping staff was retrained as to the standards of cleanliness which we require of them. Maintenance was also spoken to about keeping the air conditioners, thermostats and other equipment in the rooms in proper working order.

Old is one thing and not necessarily a bad thing, but unseemliness and not working properly are another and will not be tolerated. I greatly appreciate your taking the time to call these things to our attention so that we can take steps to see that they are corrected.

I am very glad to know that you found the owners to be quite nice.

I hope that the next time you stay in our area, you will stay at Midland Motor Inn. I think you will be very pleased.

Reviewed 9 October 2007

If I had a choice between this motel and a blizzard I would take this motel but only if desperate and as a last resort.

The place was very dated and but had clean towels and sheets. The rooms were not dirty but they needed repair. Wallpaper hanging, bathroom sink pipes taped together with duct tape, light bulbs missing in common area's that made me feel unsecure. When I went to get ice at 10:30pm the back door was wide open - anyone could have walked in but most if not all of the rooms do not have interior corridors.

The bed was comfortable and everything was as advertised/promised. I probably would have given this a 2 except we had major hot water problems. Tried to take a shower at about 8:15am on Saturday morning and only lukewarm water. Called Front Desk and then said their boilers were out. Front Desk called our room back about 10 minutes later with the ok. Still only lukewarm water.

We had two rooms for our party on the night we stayed. When the second person went to check out she also mentioned the hot water problem and was told at the front desk "You should have called - no one else had problems and we could have fixed this for you!!!"

The people who run the motel appear to be a different nationality. We all agreed that we would not stay at this place again unless desparate.

A Michigan Traveler

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank TravelNorthernMich

Dear Guest;

Thank you for choosing Midland Motor Inn for your recent stay.

I appreciate your taking the time to fill out a guest review. I am glad to know that you found your room to be clean and the bed comfortable.

Immediate action has been taken concerning the problems of which you spoke. Maintenance was told to fix the hanging wallpaper and to see to it that the pipes were properly repaired. They were also told to look into the matter of the lack of hot water.

It may well be that the people the desk who assisted you and your friends in checking out were not the same people with whom you had spoken about your lack of hot water and weren’t aware that you also had had a problem with it. I would hate to think that they would deliberately lie about it, that does leave a bad feeling.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will choose to stay at Midland Motor Inn. I think you will be pleased.

Reviewed 12 August 2006

All items not in room and I had reconfirmed the night before. Window type air-conditioner that did not cool effectively and the filter we had to take out and clean as it was filthy. Remodeling being done on the roof. Rusty nails, shingles and garbage in the walkway to our room. Dead bugs in the entry to our room on the floor. Bathroom not in good condition, rust on metal pieces. King size bed with 3 tiny pillows. I was very tired and had just gone there to get away, sleep and get some much needed R&R and they started banging on the roof at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. The occupants up above us roamed around half of the night and our room was not a dirt cheap room. We travel a lot and this is the worst we have ever been in. Steer clear if you can. It was the Goldwings parade we came to see and almost all rooms in the area were booked except for this hotel. Now we know why!

8  Thank miracle53

Dear Guest;

Thank you for choosing Midland Motor Inn for your recent stay. Thank you also for taking the time to fill out a guest review. Please be assured that these are not overlooked but are carefully acted upon.

Both housekeeping staff and our maintenance staff were spoken to about your room and about the grounds around it. Both groups have received additional training as to the standards which we strive to maintain. Steps were taken to make sure that the problems in the room in which you stayed were corrected and that other rooms were checked to make sure there were no similar problems as well.

I hope you enjoyed the Goldwings parade.