“Nice hotel, excellent staff”

Hampton Inn Midland
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Richland, WA
“Nice hotel, excellent staff”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Have stayed here a few times while in Midland for business. Hotel is clean, comfortable, well-kept. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is varied, a little nicer than your average hotel. One negative is the internet, which was quite slow and had a weak signal in my room (right in the center of the hotel on the second floor). At times it would not even connect. Other than that, a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oxford,MI
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Midland Michigan for my Birthday on Sept 17th,2011. My husband stays at Hilton's for business so he is a Hilton Honors Diamond member.
The front desk check in experience was so inviting and wonderful. The two women that checked us in were very welcoming.
The staff made me feel special, they mentioned my birthday upon check in and upgraded our room to a beautiful suite. (whirlpool) There was also a plate of soft chocolate chip cookies on the night stand. When we returned from dinner, there was a towel elephant & nice handmade birthday card from the hampton staff! They really out did themselves!!
The room was spotless and had newer furnishings & decor. The breakfast was nice, typical.
The carpet in the hallways appeared to be fairly new. I LOVED THIS HOTEL!
I would recommend it for sure!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Beaver
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed here on business and couldn't have been happier. The hotel was clean and felt new. The room was spotless. The two younger gentlemen that were working the front desk were polite, fun, and efficient. After a long day of driving, I was grateful for that.

Upon check-in, they had a small chocolate fountain set up with fruits, pretzels, and other goodies to dip in. I remember cookies from days gone by at Hampton Inn's, but this was great. The morning breakfast was good, warm and fresh. There was this dude there in his bare feet, but that's not the hotels fault.

Overall, exceeded my expectations - especially with so many Hampton Inn's starting to "show their mileage!" This one was excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We flew into Detroit from LA with extended family for a wedding weekend in Midland. Picked up rental van in early evening and arrived at Hampton Inn around 10 pm after notifying of late arrival. All was just as promised, lovely first floor suite at end of corridor directly across hall from the attractive indoor swimming pool. Inn is quite new and suite was very clean, attractive, and just right for four adults, a 2 year old and a 5 month old. The 2 year old had a wonderful time with his parents in the pool when we had some free time on Saturday. Another group of relatives arrived on Saturday and was given a room very near us. Breakfast was typical of other Hampton Inns, perhaps a little better more hot food. The only negative from my perspective was that my wife and I (the grandparents) had to sleep on the fold out couch in the living room of the suite. My wife said she slept fine however I found the mattress incredibly thin to the point that all I could feel was the metal rod under my back. I finally resorted to taking the loose couch cushions and forming another thick mattress for myself on top of my side of the folded out bed. That made for a tolerable night's sleep. The next day the manager gave me a comforter to place over the thin mattress however I stuck with using the couch cushions. The staff seemed very friendly and were as helpful as they could be.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We booked a block of rooms here when our daughter was married in Dow Gardens. Location was perfect ...near the Gardens, Center for the Arts, shopping mall and local restaurants. Guest rooms were spacious, comfortable, and bright. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding as was the friendliness and helpfulness of the entire staff. As parents of the bride we were able to reserve the parlor suite at a fabulous rate. This suite had a large kitchen, dining area, living area, whirlpool tub, fireplace, etc. ...perfect for extended family to gather in or for the bridal party to get dressed or have photos taken. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and especially to those coming to Midland for a special event / vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Great rooms!!! They are very clean. And the customer service is always top notch. This is the only hotel I stay at when I come to town!! I love that they wipe off the snow on all the cars in the parking lot. This really is my home away from home!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 3 March 2011

My family recently suffered a loss and we needed about seven rooms for relatives to stay in. This particular hotel helped co-ordinate the reversations, assisted everyone wonderfully. Unfortunately some members of our family became ill but the hotel staff here was exceptional. They took care of my family so well, going out of their way to help. I would recommend this hotel above all others in Midland. They have the best, most caring staff.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family