“Top in customer service by far!!”

Hampton Inn Midland
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Cary, North Carolina
“Top in customer service by far!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Great rooms!!! They are very clean. And the customer service is always top notch. This is the only hotel I stay at when I come to town!! I love that they wipe off the snow on all the cars in the parking lot. This really is my home away from home!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 3 March 2011

My family recently suffered a loss and we needed about seven rooms for relatives to stay in. This particular hotel helped co-ordinate the reversations, assisted everyone wonderfully. Unfortunately some members of our family became ill but the hotel staff here was exceptional. They took care of my family so well, going out of their way to help. I would recommend this hotel above all others in Midland. They have the best, most caring staff.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
st charles il
Reviewed 5 January 2011

My Dad who is wheelchair bound and has to have a wheelchair accessible shower in his hotel room, had stayed at the Hampton Inn, in Midland, in July and the room was perfect. The bed was the right height (a problem in most handicap rooms), the shower was roomy and the room large enough to accommodate a roll away for his Care Giver. Also, the price was $50 (or more) less than any of the other hotels in the area that we had stayed at! We planned to visit family again, just before Christmas, so I made the reservations before Thanksgiving-calling to specifically ask for this room (there is only one). I checked again with a phone call the week before we left to be sure that the reservation was still there with the special request for that room. We drove from Chicago (a ten hour drive with a handicap person, who needs to take breaks) and arrived at 8pm, exhausted and with my Dad vomiting...to find that they had given away the room the day before to someone for a 4 day stay (we were staying for 5 nights). It is their policy if someone comes in before you that they can't hold the room--so I ask WHAT DOES MY CONFIRMED HANDICAP ROOM MEAN??? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! We stayed that night, my Dad was too exhausted and sick to move, but we left the next day for a hotel that actually holds the type of room that you confirm.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank handicapaware
Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I previously had avoided the Hampton when in Midland because from the outside and from photos on the internet it looked dated. I had family staying at the Hampton this trip and chose to stay here to be close to family and was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very clean, the pool and exercise areas are great and the free breakfast had lots of appetizing choices. It's also nice that Fazoli's is right next door (a family favorite) and the hotel is centrally located by the mall, downtown, gas stations as well as Walmart and Meijers. Hotel staff was also very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We stayed in the 2 room king whirlpool suite. We were first given room 231, and right upon entry it smelled like stale smoke, even though the entire hotel has a non smoking policy. The manager sent up some febreeze. Next, we used the bathroom, and the toilet was slow and not working, so they decided to finally move us to a different room, (right next door, 233). This room was a little better, but still an older feel to the room. Dim lighting, and older furniture. The walls were so thin, that when the people in the next room turned on the water, it was literally like we were turning it on in our room, and could hear the water pressure VERY LOUDLY. Good thing they didn't turn it on a lot, or we wouldn't have gotten sleep that night. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. If this hotel is updated, it would make it much better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Everything was good. I like the hot breakfast concept. Easy access. A few dollars less expensive would have been nice, but I suppose I could have gone elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2009

Even though my husband and I were "just going fishing" I still wanted a nice, safe, clean hotel to stay in with a well lit parking lot. We live about an hour an a half from Bay City where we launch to fish Saginaw Bay. It's always a nightmare driving that distance in the predawn hours of "deer country" while towing a boat. This year I suggested we get a room closer the night before. Having stayed at The Hampton Inn in Midland previously and been completely comfortable, made it my first choice. We arrived around supper time and checked into a warm, pleasantly decorated room with a bed so soft it made me want to skip the fishing trip. Several restaurants were just a very short walk from the hotel. The Midland Mall is located right across the road but even on a Friday night traffic wasn't bad at all and noise level was minimal. Hotel has a nice big breakfast area as well. Convenient location with easy access to highway.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple