“Unique Upscale Hotel”
Review of The H Hotel

The H Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This hotel offers charming amenities and very clean comfortable rooms. I dined at Cafe Zinc and it felt like I was at a French Bistro with great food! The service and staff at this hotel exceed expectations and made for a relaxing wonderful time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank si_graziemille
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Thank you for the nice review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for The H Hotel

Reviewed 14 September 2011

My children and I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and have always had a wonderful experience. The hotel has an elegance to it, yet is very comfortable, and always immaculate. Although the accommodations are quite lovely, it's really the hotel staff that keeps us coming back. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, and make both my children and I feel most welcome. The hotel is located across the street from a beautiful park with wonderful walking and bike trails, and a huge draw for us is that the hotel has bikes available for its guests (including children). The restaurant offers a very nice dining experience that you would not find in other areas nearby, and the pool and exercise room are clean, modern and well-equipped. We all always look forward to returning and our never disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank nancy k
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Thanks you for your nice comments. We are fortunate to have a great team and personable staff to make our guests feel at home. We hope to see you again soon at the H!

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Our stay here was fantastic! The hotel exceeded our expectations by far!! We knew that it was nice but did'nt realize it was as nice as it was. The rooms were very roomy and the bed was super comfy. I would totally stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank RK2004
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Thank you for the nice comments. We are happy we exceeded your expectations and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I am a Downtown Midland business owner, so I am very familiar with The H. I decided to stay at the H as my business partner was out of town for a funeral, and I wanted to stay close to our restaurant. I walked into The H (as tired as I have ever been in my life), and I didn't have a bunch of paperwork to provide or need to be fingerprinted or provide my car license plate number -- they just needed a form of payment -- the clerk handed me my room pass, thanked me for coming, and sent me on my way (a couple of minutes tops). My room was in a location that I knew my booking agent ("Mindy") had selected for me -- not too far of a walk -- but quiet and somewhat secluded. I opened the door of my room and it smelled wonderful -- fresh. There were many special touches -- the Kuerig coffee maker (with a good selection of coffees and teas), the bathroom tolietries, and the tasteful decor. Even their housekeeping staff member said "hello" (and offered me some of her blackberries she was snacking on). The best surprise of all was the bed -- it was beyond comfortable -- and no skimping on the pillows (I was ready to go home and burn mine). I slept so good, that I was late for the first time ever! Also, I do know several of the employees at the H and they are the best -- they are always pleasant whether at work or not. I really believe this is the level of service they provide for all their guests (whether you own a neighboring business or not). The H is as good of an experience as I have ever had at a hotel. I may need to find an excuse real soon to stay their again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank marinells

We appreciate your comments. We are very fortunate to have outstanding associates taking care of our guests. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2011

It was very nice insideand out, but the only thing is that they didnt have rlly anything to do there exept swim and the pool wasnt even big is was small and there something in the water that burn's your eye's so watch out if you go. The rooms were very nice as well,nice and clean! But i would farther go to the "Best western/plaza suits/"!!!! they have everything there " shallow pool and a deep pool and a hottub and a game room and a tanning place and a couple resturants and a big lobby and clean rooms a court yard and a wait room like for exersizing. But yes it was ok but i would rather go somewhere else. i hope i gave you a lot of information about what to do! thank you! :)

Room Tip: i rlly dont know
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank peaches723
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Thanks for your nice comments. Although we do not have plans to enlarge our pool, we have just recently changed the pool filtration system which will make for a better guest experience.
I encourage you to visit again and take advantage of all there is to do in downtown Midland, just a short walk from the hotel. There are great walking and biking trails, shopping, professional baseball and various other attractions for you to enjoy. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed 10 August 2011

I loved the fact that there was a locker room by the pool so we didn't have to walk around the hotel in our bathing suits. The town was quaint and friendly as were the employees at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Sharolyn L
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Thank you for your comments. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the pool. We receive alot of comments about our downtown and the friendliness of the people. Please visit again!

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Our stay was enjoyable and pleasant. The redecorated lobby decor was black and white, and although elegant, felt cold and uninviting to us. The room was nicely decorated and sparklin' clean. Furniture was comfortable and bed great. Roll out desk a plus. Cookies and turn down service at night but best of all were the free snacks at night with juices, pop, and even micro pizzas on the top floor, using your room key. There is no breakfast that comes with the price unless you choose the "dolce" price. We paid $103 plus $11 taxes. The going rate was $139. Cons: room was very small and not so quiet. We could hear people in the hallways and in the outside courtyard below until after 12:30 AM. There was not a fridge or micro in room. The TV was one of the smallest we have encountered in 10 years. The pool is very small and be advised that there is bromine or salt of something in the water that is burning to the eyes. Would we stay here again? Yes, but only if we were alone. When we take our granddaughter we stay at the Holiday which has 2 queens (instead of 2 doubles like the H Hotel) and has much larger rooms and pool. Both have on site restaurants. Prices are compatable. H Hotel has a wonderful work out room and plenty of equipment. Another plus here is if you need a laptop they will provide one free. Location is fantastic as it is right downtown and you can walk anywhere to eat and look over the little trolls they decorate around Midland or anything else that interests you. Very pleasant downtown area in the evening.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emptywallet

Thanks for your helpful comments. We take pride in exceeding our guest expectations and your comments do help. We are pleased to tell you that in 2012, we will be adding new 46" flatscreen TVs to all of our rooms.

Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
Holiday Inn Midland
Residence Inn Midland
#6 of 11 in Midland
SpringHill Suites Midland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront

Been to The H Hotel? Share your experiences!