“good stay fair staff”
Review of The H Hotel

The H Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel while in Midland. As a hotel manager myself, I have found that when I go to other hotels I tend to be harder on the hotel from a guest stand point. I found this hotel to be very nice. Although its a little over to top for Midland its a very nice hotel. staff was perfect spot on. the "Delux room" i had left a little bad taste. at 109. 00 a night I found the room to be small but clean. There were a few maintenance Issues I spotted throughout the hotel such as the screan in room 205 was throwen at the window and not properly instaled. As you are walking down the hallway you can see a very poor painted on the celing in the hall way right in front of the Sales office. The servcie in the cafe was fair on a scale of 1 throught 10 I give it a 6. better smiling faces goes a long way. Be careful. 11 % tax in the tri City area of Michigan. what do they think their NEW YORK. The tax rate is Higher the Detroit and Detroit has more to offer. I guess we know where the pro tax people live. Id Stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bigbusiness_10
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

We appreciate your helpful comments and are happy that you feel we are a very nice hotel. We have reviewed your comments regarding the maintenance issues and have corrected them. Thanks.
Please visit again!

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights about a week ago. The common areas are well appointed and impressive. The staff is helpful and room service is prompt. The rooms are smaller but interiors are pleasing. Onsite restaurant and lounge/bar serves nice food , it is certainly way better than most restaurants in Midland. They have a pantry on each floor where water and snack items are complimentary which is very nice. Overall very good experience , few things could have been better - (1) my room didn't have Flat screen, I was surprised to see old fashion TVs here (2) At breakfast I noticed it takes more time for food to be prepared. (3) for some reason I was told to park outside when underground parking is available. It was raining and windy, would have appreciated better guidance.

Room Tip: It's easy to get great deal on Priceline
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Samkool
Dolce123, Sales & Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Thanks for the nice review, we appreciate you staying with us. We will review your concerns with our staff in order to improve our service. We do have plans to add new flat screen TV’s in our guestrooms in 2012. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

This hotel offers charming amenities and very clean comfortable rooms. I dined at Cafe Zinc and it felt like I was at a French Bistro with great food! The service and staff at this hotel exceed expectations and made for a relaxing wonderful time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank si_graziemille
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Thank you for the nice review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 14 September 2011

My children and I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and have always had a wonderful experience. The hotel has an elegance to it, yet is very comfortable, and always immaculate. Although the accommodations are quite lovely, it's really the hotel staff that keeps us coming back. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, and make both my children and I feel most welcome. The hotel is located across the street from a beautiful park with wonderful walking and bike trails, and a huge draw for us is that the hotel has bikes available for its guests (including children). The restaurant offers a very nice dining experience that you would not find in other areas nearby, and the pool and exercise room are clean, modern and well-equipped. We all always look forward to returning and our never disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank nancy k
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Thanks you for your nice comments. We are fortunate to have a great team and personable staff to make our guests feel at home. We hope to see you again soon at the H!

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Our stay here was fantastic! The hotel exceeded our expectations by far!! We knew that it was nice but did'nt realize it was as nice as it was. The rooms were very roomy and the bed was super comfy. I would totally stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank RK2004
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Thank you for the nice comments. We are happy we exceeded your expectations and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I am a Downtown Midland business owner, so I am very familiar with The H. I decided to stay at the H as my business partner was out of town for a funeral, and I wanted to stay close to our restaurant. I walked into The H (as tired as I have ever been in my life), and I didn't have a bunch of paperwork to provide or need to be fingerprinted or provide my car license plate number -- they just needed a form of payment -- the clerk handed me my room pass, thanked me for coming, and sent me on my way (a couple of minutes tops). My room was in a location that I knew my booking agent ("Mindy") had selected for me -- not too far of a walk -- but quiet and somewhat secluded. I opened the door of my room and it smelled wonderful -- fresh. There were many special touches -- the Kuerig coffee maker (with a good selection of coffees and teas), the bathroom tolietries, and the tasteful decor. Even their housekeeping staff member said "hello" (and offered me some of her blackberries she was snacking on). The best surprise of all was the bed -- it was beyond comfortable -- and no skimping on the pillows (I was ready to go home and burn mine). I slept so good, that I was late for the first time ever! Also, I do know several of the employees at the H and they are the best -- they are always pleasant whether at work or not. I really believe this is the level of service they provide for all their guests (whether you own a neighboring business or not). The H is as good of an experience as I have ever had at a hotel. I may need to find an excuse real soon to stay their again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank marinells

We appreciate your comments. We are very fortunate to have outstanding associates taking care of our guests. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2011

It was very nice insideand out, but the only thing is that they didnt have rlly anything to do there exept swim and the pool wasnt even big is was small and there something in the water that burn's your eye's so watch out if you go. The rooms were very nice as well,nice and clean! But i would farther go to the "Best western/plaza suits/"!!!! they have everything there " shallow pool and a deep pool and a hottub and a game room and a tanning place and a couple resturants and a big lobby and clean rooms a court yard and a wait room like for exersizing. But yes it was ok but i would rather go somewhere else. i hope i gave you a lot of information about what to do! thank you! :)

Room Tip: i rlly dont know
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank peaches723
Dolce123, Sales and Marketing Assistant at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Thanks for your nice comments. Although we do not have plans to enlarge our pool, we have just recently changed the pool filtration system which will make for a better guest experience.
I encourage you to visit again and take advantage of all there is to do in downtown Midland, just a short walk from the hotel. There are great walking and biking trails, shopping, professional baseball and various other attractions for you to enjoy. Thanks again for your comments!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
Holiday Inn Midland
Residence Inn Midland
#5 of 11 in Midland
SpringHill Suites Midland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront

Been to The H Hotel? Share your experiences!