“Fantastic place to stay in Midland”
Review of The H Hotel

The H Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 29 August 2010

This hotel exceeded all of my expectations. The staff was very professional and amazing when I was checking in 30 minutes early.

The room was comfortable, clean, and relaxing. The bed was high quality. I think my only complaint about that the bed is the pillows were too soft for me, but my wife they were perfect.

The pool hours are very nice for the traveler, 5 am to 12 am on weekends. And it was hidden away in the fitness area. Nice size, with whirlpool. Locker rooms had showers with soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers, nice touch.

The restaurants on site are quality..

Overall, just a really great place to stay in Midland..

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dolce123, Director of Sales at The H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2010

Thanks for the nice review. We appreciate you staying with us at the H and are happy you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again, when you do please be sure to request a foam pillow for your room which we hope will help you get a better rest.

Best regards,
Tim Shelton

There are newer reviews for The H Hotel

Reviewed 29 June 2010

This is a lovely hotel in a great small town. It's right downtown within walking distance of stores and restaurants and a ballpark, and there's a biking trail right behind the hotel (I was told the hotel has free bikes you can borrow too). The hotel shuttle can pick up and drop you off to the nearby Tri-City Airport (MBS) - it's about a 20 minute drive.

The room was perfectly comfortable, and best of all, there was no noise from nearby guests or traffic outside. Food at Cafe Zinc was surprisingly good. There were about 4 computers and a printer for guests downstairs.

The staff was always pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The H Hotel is a beautiful hotel right in the heart of Midland. It is in walking distance to many little restaurants and a great candy/chocolate store! The hotel is decorated nicely (the public restroom sinks are swanky!) and the staff was always very friendly. The room itself was fine - nothing out of the ordinary, but very clean and comfortable, plus there was free internet.

I was there for a conference and the conference rooms were very up to date and above average, technology-wise. Watch for signs in the conference wing, though, some of the rooms are somewhat hidden down a dark hallway.

The highlight for me was definitely the conference food - no bland chicken and rice here! We had (amongst many things...) squash soup, gourmet hot pretzels, tasty salads with more than just iceberg lettuce, and there were always delicious looking vegetarian options. I did not eat in any of the other restaurants there, but the conference food was the best I've ever had.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Phenomenal experience from the moment of check in till we departed. Fabulous breakfast on their patio (best Bloody Mary EVER) and dinner at Zinc was perfect. OJ (bellman) and Louis (driver of the hotel shuttle) demonstrated excellence in service as did the entire front desk staff and housekeeping. When Louis found out we wanted to visit the Dow Gardens, he arranged for free tickets (at the front desk) for us. We stayed in a Jr Suite and we couldn't have asked for a more comfortable room. We've stayed in many 4-star hotels and this compared very nicely to suites costing more than 3 times as much. Well done, Hotel H. Well done.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Stayed for one night while on business in Midland. This was an unexpectedly elegant hotel, a nice surprise in a relatively remote town/city. The H Hotel is in downtown Midland, which is basically one main street (named, appropriately, Main Street). It looks like a new hotel and has a boutique-like feel but without the loud music and dark hallways of the W's and so on. Checkin was fast and efficient. The room is moderate size, with room only for beds, desk and sitting chair (see photos). There is a fancy coffee maker, iron/board. No room safe, mini bar, fridge, or anything like that. When I checked in the receptionist told me there is a complementary pantry upstairs with snacks and drinks but I didn't check it out. Free parking and free wifi in the rooms.

The gym is well equipped with modern cardio machines and weights and there is an indoor pool and hottub. There are two restaurants upstairs--a cafe and a dressier place. Despite its name, the cafe is not cheap--entrees were $24 and up. I found the food quality so-so considering the price. Prices were more moderate for breakfast which they also serve there. The business center is just a couple of computers in cubicles with a printer in a back corner of the hotel, but it was fine for printing out boarding passes, and free. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2009

We stayed at The H Hotel. The outside, lobby, weight room and pool very nice.

The rooms however were cramped and the bathroom was far from luxurious. MAYBE if we had stayed in a Junior Suite that may have been different.

Overpriced for what you get. Am sorry to comment like that because it is a clean place and the bed was nice.

No continental breakfast but Omelettes and More is a good place close by.

Underground parking was nice but the TOKEN to get out of the parking lot was tedious.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gmc505
Reviewed 22 May 2009

My husband had to do business in Midland on a weekend so we went along and spent two nights at the H hotel. My 6 year-old daughter came with us.

Downtown: Within walking distance but we didn't really explore it. We went to the mall about 4 miles away and spent time in the play area and food court. The downtown does look very lovely though.

Pool: Private and quiet-we were able to swim a lot and have a lot of fun with minimal people at the pool. It was relaxing and nice. Nice hot tub too. There are bathrooms attached to pool area with showers. Towels are provided (as many as you want) at the pool.

Workout facilities: Nice but didn't try it. Extensive weight equipment. We saw one person in the gym the whole weekend. There are massage services at this hotel.

Rooms: We had a junior suite which was nice. Our room looked over a courtyard. My daughter stayed in the second room (with pullout couch) which was off the bedroom. This was very nice because when my husband got up early in the morning he did not have to wake her by walking through her room. However, the rooms are noisy and I could hear drama going on with different families through the walls. Ahhh, Not looking forward to teenage angst... Lots of pillows on the bed. Soft comforters with duvet covers on beds. No yucky, unwashed covers here! There was a small refrigerator in the room which we didn't discover until the second day. We tried to use it but it didn't work.

Bathroom: VERY small bathtub. I am a bathtub girl and it was very awkward trying to wash my hair in the bathtub. I had to put my leg behind me to wash my hair. One sink in bathroom. The bathtub was a whirlpool tub though but I didn't try it.

Room service: Very nice. We love hotels with room service. Service is prompt and delicious.

Ice machines/vending: On only a couple of floors-not on the one we were staying on. Only ice and pop machines that were out of pop.

Restaurants: They have two or three but we didn't try them. One is suit coat dress.

Parking: Free in underground garage. Just turn in your ticket for a coin at the hotel desk. Walk right from underground garage to the lobby-this seemed a little different to me. Watch your kids as they are coming out of lobby into parking garage, it is a dangerous exit that leads right to where cars drive.

Overall: A nice town and nice, upscale hotel. Friendly and efficient staff. Needs to work on sound problem in rooms.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
Holiday Inn Midland
Residence Inn Midland
#6 of 11 in Midland
SpringHill Suites Midland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront

Been to The H Hotel? Share your experiences!