“Total disregard for customer sastifaction.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mio
Mio Pine Acres Campground
Ranked #4 of 4 Speciality Lodging in Mio
“Total disregard for customer sastifaction.”
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I had been staying at this campground for a number of years while grouse hunting in michigan and i watched as it declined.During my stay in the fall of 2010 the owners decided they were going to leave for the day [so they said] and asked me if i needed anything before they left. I didnt think much about about it ,but thought it was odd that they were loading their motorhome. i watched them leave and asked myself why they would take a motorome if they were only gonna be gone for the day??? I was the only camper there that week and now i knew why! They never did return that evening. The next morning while leaving for my all day hunt i noticed they hadnt returned.I hunted the good part of the day with temps in the 80's. Upon arriving back at camp I was very much looking foward to a cool shower. But to my shock they had locked all shower stall doors before they left.To say i was angry would be an understatement. I was seriously thinking about vandalism to get into that shower.Come too find out the next day that i guess they were having a problem with homeless people using thier showers. WHATEVER!!! I told them they could have left the key to a paying customer when they knew darn well they wouldn't be returning. I would only reccomend this campground to someone that doesn't mind camping in the middle of the city along a busy state route with lots of traffic noise and the atmosphere of sleeping in your backyard. Oh and I hope that your personal hygiene is important.I still hunt in Michigan but i would never go back to Pine acres. Leaving in a few weeks but i will be staying a few miles away at a much nicer place.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank grouser1

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was our 7th trip to this campground. We have always found it to be nice and clean. The kids have fun with the volleyball and the rental bikes. Every year our family trip gets bigger! It's a nice place for us to gather and have our yearly tubing trip. I have stayed at the other campground in town in the past and it's just too noisy and the grounds are unkept. My family and I would recommend this campground to anyone looking for a place for the family to get together.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jeannie c
Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2012

It's a campground. My friends and I go there ever summer for a girl's tubing weekend. We rent the same cabin and nothing has really changed in the cabin for 20 years - same shower, same rickety beds, etc. However, it's a party weekend. If you drink enough, you don't notice the springs in the bed. It's very conveniently located to the river so it's about having fun. If you expect quality accomodations this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 24 August 2011

If you like the sound of highway traffic while camping, this spot is for you. the amenities advertised on their site are mostly for the children...and if you want to putt putt golf...forget it...the course wasn't even clean or up to date for use. This is a small campground that made me feel like i was in a compound with its barbbed wire fence all around. You also cannot bring in your own wood and to buy their tree bark bundles at $4.oo was a rip off. The showers and bathrooms were clean, although the showers run very slow and at nite are not sprayed for the millions of spiders that were crawling about. Overall, this rest stop made campground was average and would have been great for a one nite stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank 772sunshine

Been to Mio Pine Acres Campground? Share your experiences!