“Nice and Clean!”
Review of Mio Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mio
Mio Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mio
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Nice and Clean!”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We had a really nice stay. There was a girl who checked us in and she was the most pleasant person ever. I read the post about her being so nice to the other customer it just had to be her. The price was very resonable and the room was Very CLEAN! The bed was sooo comfortable! We found out they were pillow tops. We had the best night's sleep on that bed then any other Hotel we have ever stayed in! Very clean and we will be planning another trip in the summer! This next time we will also plan a canoe trip and invite our friends to stay with us!

Room Tip: The Beds were very comfortable!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank male p

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boyne City, Michigan
Reviewed 18 August 2012

the mio motel is clean has heating and cooling at a nice price, but when we checked in it was a bad experance the people were mean and treated us like crapas we were checking out we had to be out by 10 or something so we had to wait for our party out side the room as we waited the cleaning crew noticed some stuff we left and they were kind and returned our belongings our party arived and right before we left a lady came up to us and applogised for a worker complaining wile she was working we were unaware about this but it was nice of them to appoligse

1 Thank R.j. Y
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My dad and I stayed 2 nights here. The place was very clean and well maintained. I had gone river rafting with the rest of my family and left my dad at the motel. My dad is 87 and can not do a lot of things anymore. When I came back later that afternoon I found my dad sitting out in the lawn chairs outside our room. He told me how the owners daughter sat and they chatted for a long period of time. You would not find that any place else where the owner comes and chats with their customers. I talked to her right before we left and she was the most nicest person to had meet. Again the rooms are spotless and the customer service we received was way beyond any expectations. A little pricey but I guess they need to make a living as well. Well worth the extra bucks.

Room Tip: No need to ask to see the room first, you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Melanie48111
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Soooo clean with refrig . No Ice and no coffee but it is near in cafe'. Grocery near so you can get ice too. Mainly it was clean. The owner is grochy but goodhearted too......just send in your sweetest person to deal. He was always nice to me.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank lywilla
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I think I stayed at a bad time when Managment was having problems with staff. Owner/manager (I think) was so short tempered and insulting when questioned on pricing. Would sleep in car or tent before I would go back there.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank NorthCountryMich
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Rooms are clean and warm and have a nice decor, Manager had no problem with are very late arrival, he stayed to for us. very good Restaurant across the room and a fast food joint next door. Located on the main road in Mio it is easy to find. Just made another reservation today for an October stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olneyone_7
Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stay two nights in August. The room was very clean and comfortable. The motel is very conveniently located for using the ORV trails. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen S

Been to Mio Motel? Share your experiences!