“Give this old man break. . . .” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mio Motel

Mio Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mio
Mio Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mio
Milan, MI
“Give this old man break. . . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This older man/owner is cranky in his own rights. He is hard of hearing and almost 90 years old. My sister and I stayed in this very nice clean room when it was zero degrees outside. The room was nice, warm and the beds were very comfortable. I would recomend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: Nice place
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cindy S

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
detroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here on my way up north and hit an ice storm. Woke the owner up at 2am. He was cool about it. This motel is one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed at. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was one of the best showers I have used at a hotel. Simple to adjust and nice hot water, not lukewarm.

Room Tip: Right by a grocery store and restaurants. Has a refrigerator and a microwave. Very close to the Au...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank veracraig
Saginaw, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I called to make a reservation for a group, but the owner hung up on me before I had the chance. Why? When he just answered "hello" it prompted me to ask if this was the "Mio Motel" which I apparently pronounced wrong. Upon hearing this, Peter the owner told me that he was "pissed off that I couldn't pronounce the name right". He also asked me where I went to school, and why they didn't teach me how to read. Then he hung up.

Please, do not give this jerk your business, and ask your friends to do the same!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank MGthescienceguy
Waterford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I would NOT stay at this hotel if it was the last one standing. I called to see if rooms were availabe for a few months head, the man that answered the phone was probably one of the rudest people I have ever spoke with in my life.. If the person that answers the phone is mean I cant amagine even after reading the reviews that this some place that I wont to spend my money!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Stacey G
Warsaw, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

We just stayed here last night. My husband said too that the lady who checked him in was very nice. This was our first time here. The room was clean, and we could tell that it has been updated. The price was reasonable. We certainly won't hesitate to stay here again! We went to the restaurant across the street for breakfast and ordered off the menu. The waitress was very friendly and the food was good.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane P
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

We had a really nice stay. There was a girl who checked us in and she was the most pleasant person ever. I read the post about her being so nice to the other customer it just had to be her. The price was very resonable and the room was Very CLEAN! The bed was sooo comfortable! We found out they were pillow tops. We had the best night's sleep on that bed then any other Hotel we have ever stayed in! Very clean and we will be planning another trip in the summer! This next time we will also plan a canoe trip and invite our friends to stay with us!

Room Tip: The Beds were very comfortable!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank male p
Boyne City, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

the mio motel is clean has heating and cooling at a nice price, but when we checked in it was a bad experance the people were mean and treated us like crapas we were checking out we had to be out by 10 or something so we had to wait for our party out side the room as we waited the cleaning crew noticed some stuff we left and they were kind and returned our belongings our party arived and right before we left a lady came up to us and applogised for a worker complaining wile she was working we were unaware about this but it was nice of them to appoligse

1 Thank R.j. Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mio
Gorton House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Mio Motel? Share your experiences!