“place has changed for the better”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Monroe
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Monroe
Detroit, Michigan
“place has changed for the better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

ive stayed here a couple years ago, wasn't going to give them another chance but the area was sold out. I have to say that the rooms are looking very very nice. new carpet, beds and wall paper. I travel a lot and have to say that if i was back in the area i would definitely stay here again. very friendly staff, rooms are clean, only thing i suggest changing is the t.v's..who has old box t.v.'s anymore. flat screens would be very nice.

Room Tip: the newly redone rooms are amazing. fresh clean smell, very comfy beds.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank george s
Kim T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your time and feedback. With the renovations half way done. I am glad to see happy guests. We are working very hard to make a difference and glad to see it is paying off. Thank you again for your kind words and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was really comfortable and I'd love to know where to get those pillows! My visit was for business, and based on the quality of time at this particular establishment I would come back befor anywhere else I have stayed in the town. Any questions or concerns I had were quickly and professionaly handled. This place is great!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank wadewillson1967
Thank you for your time and feedback. We always like to hear about the amazing experiences our guests have while staying with us. We are making a huge effort to improve our property with the renovations and glad to see it is paying off. I appreciate the kind words and I will make sure to pass them along to my staff. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had to request a room change immediately because the first room was filthy (carpeting frayed and not vacuumed, heaven knows what splashed on the walls). The second room (from which I should also have requested a move) had a deadbolt which did not lock. They never did clean my room - started (left new towels) but got distracted and never came back. Everything was as I had left it 12 hours earlier. Faucets dripped and there were cigarette burns everywhere. Patches in the wall paper and plaster.

I was told by the front desk that they were in the process of renovating the entire facility, but when or if they had started was not in evidence. It looked to me like it needed a complete gut job. The location has many advantages, so I hope they are as soon as their word. Otherwise, next year will be spent somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank E M
Thank you for your time and feedback. I do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We have begun our remolding and now almost half of the hotel has been done. I appreciate your feedback and I hope we will have an opportunity in the future to better serve you. Thank you again for your time.

Travellers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Northwood, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I dropped an inkpen off back of nite stand, there is an inch of dust and filth between the wall and bottom of the stand. I have never seen this at any hotel in my life! Furniture has stains, old huge TV. Alarm clock not plugged in, stains in tub, sink, toilet. This place is shady, theres a little too much activity going on in parking lot, I hope my cars safe!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lindsaycharlottepezz
Beavercreek, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked this room in Advance . Room was moldy, bathroom wallpaper was coming off due to the mold behind it. Bed looked like it was slept in , and sheets were not clean . Mattress was worn so bad it had rips in it from wear . After inspection we discovered SEMEN stains all over the comforter and bed skirt ! Wife wanted to leave right then and there ! We checked for another room at another motel , but it was Race Weekend and also the fisherman were in for the river derby , so not much available . We went to Meijers and bought a big can of Lysol and Raid and sprayed the room & bed down and slept in our clothes . We tossed the comforter and skirt in the corner. Oh and there was also a old cheeseburger left in the fridge. I guess that was the "Honor Bar " , probably still there ! Room 316 . Shower was good with good pressure and hot water. We really wanted a shower after spending the night there 6/15/14 . That night was also "May Fly " Day , that was really disgusting ! Swarms Everywhere , but that was nature , not motels fault. TV was old but worked . Breakfast , WHAT A JOKE ! Some cereal, coffee and crappy Tiny muffins ( Limit 2 ) per guest ! I should have known for $39 on their sign, Priceline was no deal ! Im a honest reviewer and have no reason to lie about this property ! The owner should be ashamed , but the property's around this motel don't look much better . We stayed at the Red Roof last year across the lot and it was just a little better . That's why we tried this place for a couple bucks less. We thought how could it be any worse then the Red Roof ?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick P
Kim T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review. We appreciate your comments and feedback regarding our property. Rest assured we are taking care of the issues that you may have had. We are currently under renovations to improve our hotel. I appreciate your detailed evaluation of our property and bringing the issues to our attention as soon as possible. Thank you again for your time.
Petoskey, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Sure, this wasn't a five star motel, but we didn't expect one. For the price we paid, we got a clean room of which everything worked. The internet had an exceptional signal, and we were surprised at how comfortable the bed was. We stayed for 3 nights and although some of the other "guests" appeared a bit odd, we were only there to sleep when I wasn't competing with my dog. We were short a couple of towels but a quick call to the front desk remedied that. You get what you pay for and for 3 nights at about $130, we were happily surprised.

Room Tip: The rooms in the 3rd building are away from much of the traffic so ours was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jean W
Kim T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you very much for your time and feedback. We enjoy having you as our customer!! I am very pleased that your stay was very enjoyable. We strive to provide unbeatable service and cleanliness at our facility. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to your next visit!!
Monroe, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Day after valentines day we decided to settle at this location since every other hotel in a 50 mile radius was booked. Payed a good amount of money for the jacuzzi suite and get in the room to find out that the tub would not get warm. Went to front desk and asked for my money back but they explained that the hot water tank was empty and to give it a half hour and then try. Fair enough... Still no success after time was up. We packed out stuff immediately and went to the front office to get our money back but was informed that we would have to wait for the manager to come in the following day. I attempted to contact the manager several times for a week after broken promises of receiving a call from her and finally caught her as she was about to leave. She told me that I couldn't receive my money back bc I stayed a half hour even though her employee instructed me too. I contacted corporate and they had her send me an email as to why I couldn't receive a refund in which she lied and said she checked the tub herself when she was not even working. Terrible service

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jayh35
Kim T, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Monroe, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review. We appreciate your comments and feedback regarding our property. Rest assured we have inspected and fixed any issues with our jacuzzi. I appreciate your detailed evaluation of our property. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Americas Best Value Inn
Hampton Inn Monroe
#1 of 9 in Monroe
Baymont Inn & Suites Monroe
Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Monroe? Share your experiences!