“Good value”

Days Inn & Suites Monroe
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I decided to stay here after a winter storm came through the area and I didn't feel comfortable driving home (I live in Toledo).

Overall, the overnight stay I had here was very nice. I found the staff to be welcoming and friendly; the room and lobby to be nicely appointed; and the room to be nicely clean and fresh. The water pressure in the shower was great, and the in-room heaters worked wonderfully. For the price, the Red Roof provides a nice value for those looking for a cheap stay. I would recommend this hotel and plan on staying here again when I have to work late and be back to work in the morning.

However, there were a couple small things that I had during my visit:
-When I plugged my iPhone charger into an outlet in Room 215, the power went out. While I was quickly moved to another room, it does slightly concern me that a fuse blew when I plugged a travel charger into the wall...
-The bed is not the greatest. I have stayed at a couple other Red Roofs, and the beds had a little "plush" to them. When I was sitting on one end of the bed, the other end would move up.
-An extra sheet or blanket would have been nice, but the room heater worked great, so not needed.
-My requested 7AM wake-up call never came and the bedside alarm clock didn't work.
-A snow storm had recently came through the area, but the parking lot wasn't well plowed. I had a little difficulty in finding cleared parking spaces... For my first room, I had to park on the opposite side of the hotel
-Yes, there are some little cosmetic things with the rooms I was in, but nothing too major or anything that would prevent me from staying here again.

Room Tip: Room 215 blows a fuse when you plug an iPhone charger in it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel C
Eric W, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review. We appreciate your comments and feedback regarding our property. Rest assured we have replaced the faulty receptacle. I appreciate your detailed evaluation of our property. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit!!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I travel a lot and must say that the staff at this location are absolutely fantastic! The rooms are a good value for the money-always clean and well stocked. I have stayed at this location once a week for approximately six months of this year and never had a bad experience. Eric (the manager), and Cheyanne (front desk) are always so accomodating - they make you feel like you are staying with family. They go out of their way to remember special requests - such as ground floor rooms while I had a brace on my leg. I just can't say enough about the staff here. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kim h

Thank you very much for your time and feedback. We enjoy having you as our customer!! I am very pleased that your multiple stays with us are very consistent. We strive to provide unbeatable service and cleanliness at our facility. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Drive up registration? GENIUS!

Property looked pretty well taken care from my first glace after 8 hours of driving.

I was able to check in 1 hour early which was a really nice.

My room: Locked WORKED unlike other RR's. Carpet was okay. No smells in the room and I asked for non smoking. Coffee maker/hair dryer worked. Bathtub/toilet clean except for a bit of mold. Floor clean. Sink area clean. Appliances in working order.

I had noticed in a prior review that they will be adding hardwood flooring. I like that idea and it makes for easier cleaning too. No more rugs to constantly shampoo.

When I go into a room now I always carry my black light in my travel bag. The first thing I look for are areas that have not been cleaned properly. My room was clean. I also use the black light when I am up the corners of the bed sheets to check for bed bugs. I saw NONE. The only thing I would recommend that along with the new wood flooring to be installed I would also suggest an update to the coverlettes and add a blanket to the beds. The full beds... well.... to be honest, they were not the greatest. I am hoping that mattresses will be added to renovation. I could tell they were very frugally purchased. The pillows, if they are washed and become lumpy, please don't reuse them again-- they are hard to sleep with. Sheets were a bit threadbare too.

One thing I did notice-- in the bathtub along the edges of where the tub walls fastened together you got a bit of mold. Just need to take a scrub brush with soap with a couple of strokes, rinse and they will be gone.

The one tip that I do recommend to this property and other properties I stay at..... make sure that housekeeping uses black lights to check their work to make sure the rooms are truly clean. This should become the standard in the hotelier business. In other properties I have found some true nastiness -- enough to request another room or move to another property.

Thank you for the stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KD8QGA

Thank you for your recent review. I appreciate your feedback and comments regarding our facility in Monroe MI. We always enjoy hearing about our guests experience. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Over all Good location i have stayed here before some rooms are better than others same with them being clean. Some need to me cleaned more. staff is flexible and friendly. Also get free breakfast bar with several different choices of food

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your time and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Ive stayed in this hotel 3 years in a row, Ive had 2 Very clean rooms, Newly remodeled, Nice beds and Baths, I took a room and was told of its near completion, It was their last open room, I couldn't complain, This is not a Hilton so people should not expect the same service, This Hotel is quiet and easy in and out to the I-75. I will stay here again the Desk clerk was very nice hard working and respectable to our needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Eric W, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband thought he found a very nice place for my son and I to stay... but it was disgusting - stinky. It started with the drive-thru check-in. Very creapy! The room was smelly. I had to go to the store for air freshener. I had to clean the bathroom before I could use it! Red Roof should inspect their properties more often....

Room Tip: A good room might be found after a renovation
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Eric W, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for your time and for your review. I apologize that you did not like our drive thru check in process if used. We provide two options for checking in to our property. We are a pet friendly facility that provides this check in option to provide ease to our guests who have dogs with them. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The location of the motel was convenient, directly off the interstate with easy access to the city of Monroe, Michigan.
It was possibly one of the dirtiest motel's I've ever stayed in. The towels didn't appear clean, there was a hole in my bedsheet, the carpet was in horrible condition and you wouldn't want to walk on it in bare feet.

They did have a nice breakfast option that was included in the lodging price.
Unfortunately in this area, there aren't many choices. Most of the motels are old and this may be as good as it gets.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I apologize you felt that our property was dirty. I can assure you that we take great pride in our cleanliness on a daily bases. We are going to be upgrading our carpet to our new hard wood flooring coming in 2014. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Monroe.