Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe
Super Motel(Luna Pier)
US$58
US$64
US$104
All reviewspool area isbusiness tripbreakfast roomlate checkoutmicrowave and refrigeratorwafflesfront desk clerkcoffee makerbed was comfortablestaff was very friendlydetroitmaintenance
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was the worst experience at a hotel we've had. We were accused of damaging our room and charged a $100 fee without being contacted by the hotel. We did nto damage anything, didn't even shower or use towels. Left early in the AM. They will claim they have pictures of the damage and will refuse to refund your money. They cannot prove when the pictures were took, cannot prove what room the photos were taken in , cannot prove who caused the damage. They just want more money from guests. There were dirty washclothes in the bathroom when we arrived in our room. Definnitely not good management here. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank J W
comfortinnmonroemi, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. While I offer a more complete response to your comment above, please understand that the issue regarding the damage to our hotel is now closed and we welcome you back anytime. We sincerely value your business and hope you will benefit from our clean, comfortable hotel again soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was the worst Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in. Staff was distracted at check-in. They checked my co-worker in and then walked away while I stood and waited. The room smelled like stale smoke, old beer and BO. They do have mini refrigerators in the room, but make sure you check the setting - my food froze in the fridge and had to be thrown away. I discovered on the second day that I was there that the towels were not replaced everyday. Some were just refolded and hung back up - still damp - even though I had thrown them in the tub to be replaced. On the second morning, I discovered that the shower had not be thoroughly cleaned as there was still hair from the day before. If you do choose to stay here, don't leave anything on the bed. They refused to make mine because I left my personal blanket on it. (Made me wonder if they cleaned the sink counter as my toothbrush was on it.)

As for the breakfast, I suggest going out. The scrambled eggs were powdered or something. And the meat was definitely a mystery meat. The next day I decided to try the boiled eggs instead and it was still partial liquid. Upon checkout, I complained to the management, but they just brushed me off.

This hotel appears to cater to truck drivers and construction crews as the parking lot was full of semis and management didn't seem to mind that the construction crew had the door propped open all the time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jld3377

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay with us, especially when so many others are so satisfied. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process, however, and have made many changes and upgrades to our hotel since your stay. I hope you will stay with us again and see how we’re better than ever before.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed on the third floor in a two Queen room after checking out of a nightmare hotel in Flat Rock 18 miles north! The room was very clean, with the exception of the telephone being a bit dirty.

This room had been recently remodeled, the cleanliness was fantastic, newer marble sink top with undermount and decorative faucent, nice massaging showerhead and new toilet. Fluffy towels, Beds pillow top style with very comfortable support. Nice storage space with both drawers and a closet. The closet even had an outlet inside which was nice for charging our electronics while keeping them out of view. The breakfast was average to good for this price point. I would compare it to HI Expresses hotels I've stayed at, for a good amount less. Top floor room was very quiet, never heard any noise except a small amount of noise from I 75 or a few trains, to be expected. Nice convenience store (7 eleven) in front of hotel lot has everything you might need in a pinch. Pool area was good, hot tub could have used some water added, but otherwise OK. Pool towels run out easily, but front desk person provided me with some regular towels to replace room towels we had to use. Front desk was accomodating when we needed a later check out due to sick child on the last day.

Room Tip: Rooms on Top floor quietest. Avoid 315, it's right by elevator, literally, in a tiny pocket, that should be a storage room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We’re better than ever before now, thanks to staffing changes and some need upgrades. If you try us again in the future, you’ll find an improved experience. You can be sure that your comments and those of other guests have been important to us as we’ve made these changes.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Our experience was not good at this hotel. We intended to stay for three days;we suffered through one night because they refused to refund us. This is what we found in the room: the refrigerator had old food in it, the sheets had crumbs and hair in them, the bathroom was not clean-- complete with mildewed shower curtain and gross stuff in and on the outside of the tub. The most appalling thing about this experience was the lack of customer care from the management. I hope this isn't a standard for comfort Inn. for the record, we moved to the Hampton, for a minimal more in cost and they are exceptional thus far.

Room Tip: Go to the Hamton
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We spent 4 nights here, only because we had prepaid and didn't want to be out all that money. Managment was not there at all during our stay, and their "I don't care attitude" has spread through entire staff (except for 2 ladies) like a bad stomach bug (possibly caused by the "yellow stuff" or "mystery meat" served at breakfast.). Front desk employees work excessively long shifts and are expected to do the work of 2-3 people, causing the front desk to have a sign saying "ring bell for service" or "call this number for service" almost constantly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for this useful feedback about our staffing and for staying multiple nights with us. As part of an overall improvement program, we’ve made some staffing changes and many other changes to the hotel since this stay. I challenge you to try us again to see how we’re better now than we’ve ever been.