“What a getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Monroe
Clinton, Michigan
“What a getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2010

Stayed the weekend of 24-25 April 2010. Could not have been better. Had three children ages 3, 9, and 11. Great room (with a fridge and wireless internet). Pool was awsome. Breakfast was terrific . . what a wonderful value. As a Dad going through a divorce I plan on making this a monthly getaway for my children and I.

Read about our stay at: http://wishiwasntasingledad.blogspot.com/2010/05/what-swimmingly-good-time.html

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

WOW. we were travelling on I 75 in a very bad weather and decided to take an exit 11 from I 75. We saw the Comfort Inn hotel. We were greeted by the front desk clerk and they really have upgraded their hotel. Although under renovation, the first floor was done and looked like they renovated 100% as everything looked so NEW. I liked their Laz'Boy furniture, granite vanities, especailly the carpet.
Pool area is still under renovation but looking Great. i would recommend this hotel to each and every person.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
St. Marys, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

We only stayed one night at the Comfort Inn in Monroe on our way back from Florida, but our room was spotless, the carpet looked brand new and the heater worked well. I cannot fault the room in any way. The self serve breakfast area was nice and clean and the coffee good. We didn't have time to use the pool, but it looked nice. The best part was the friendliness of the management. very welcoming with great hospitality. We had a very pleasant time for the final stay of our holiday. We would make a point of staying again when in the area. Based on our one night stay, I would give this inn a high rating.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Monroe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2009

This hotel is undergoing some renovations, however what they have done has improved the hotel 100%. I stayed here a few years ago and was not pleased by the hotel itself, I figured I would give it a try since I heard they were under new managment. I was pleasently suprised by how much it has changed. The lady at the front desk told us that the new managment had just taken over a few months ago. They didnt waste any time starting to improve the place. The room I was in had new carpet and new furniture. It was very clean, not like the last time we stayed. The only down side was the pool and hot tub were closed, but they are even renovating that. All in all I will be back to this hotel and really did enjoy my stay. I look forward to them getting the pool and hot tub up and running. We also enjoyed the breakfast, everything was fresh!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
dayton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

I stayed at the confort in monroe and was surpised by the constrution thay have free pizza and breakfast the front desk guy was really nice my room was clean and smelled good thay have a new owner I met by surprise and got 15% off my next stay .

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2009

Absolutely disgusting. Checked in as we were coming in for a fundraising event & did not have the time to deal with checking out. We checked out immediately afer returning from the event as the bed spreads & carpet were caked with something, we stuck to the bathroom floor and there was hair everywhere. Apparently, the room was cleaned. The outside of the hotel looks nice but this is very deceiving as to what you'll find in the inside. Highly recommend sleeping in your car over one of their beds.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JenniferListens, Front Desk at Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe, responded to this review, 7 January 2011
I am sorry that your stay was an unpleaseant one. We have since been remodeled from top to bottom and are under new management and have all new staff.

Travellers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Lawrence, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2009

The check-in man was very good. After that, things went downhill. The wireless Internet did not work and the two women at the front desk in the morning were aware of it but of no help and not even apologetic about it.

Besides the non-functioning Internet, the OJ machine did not work and they had this nasty Tang-like drink substituted.

The room was clean, the temperature was easy to control, and the shower was nice.

Based on the level of service, if I'm ever back, I'll be looking elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Baymont Inn & Suites Monroe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites MONROE
Quality Inn Dundee
Quality Inn Dundee
#3 of 4 in Dundee

Been to Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!