Montgomery Inn and Suites
Hotels.com
Rodeway Inn(Whitehall)
US$100
US$166
Comfort Inn Whitehall(Whitehall)(Great Value!)
US$144
Seaway Motel(Muskegon)
US$72
US$67
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Greetings to anyone traveling in this neck of the woods....

We loved our stay ant the Montgomery Inn.

I was late to register and had no phone service and was completely stressed out when I finally showed up our first night and they took great care of us...

If we come again for our music festival and if we are not staying on site in a camper we will be back again.

Clean room and nice front porch to have a morning cup of coffee and close probably as close as you can get to the Electric Forest Music Festival other than staying on the ranch.

P&L
Jane, Eva and Arden B

Room Tip: probably all adorable like ours
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I needed a place to spend the night so that I could meet up with friends to tube the White River the next day. I would not say I'm the best traveler due to being a light sleeper. When I arrived I found myself feeling very relaxed as soon as I pulled in the parking lot. Beautiful place, strong cool breeze coming from the lakeshore. As soon as I checked in I went back outside and walked around to check out the new courtyard. Really beautiful. I even sat out on my porch and felt the breeze blow on me.

As far as my room goes the bathroom had been completely remodeled and was probably the cleanest I've ever seen staying in any hotel bar none. The carpet could have been replaced, but other than that I had A/C, a microwave, fridge, huge flat screened t.v. and a very comfortable bed. It was quiet at night and that I slept straight through for 7 1/2 hrs. says a lot. A small but decent continental breakfast was served until 10am, and I was able to take it back to my room. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end if you are noise sensitive because people tend to congregate in the courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Awesome little find. I travel (a lot) and this place impressed me. One of the cleanest properties I've ever stayed in. Hot tub and patio were major highlights. Great location for site seeing, close to lake, local camground and town. Staff was wonderful. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Angie S
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Heading home after a looong day at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park, we pulled off Hwy31 South to find this little independently-owned gem. Ms. Angel at the front desk was friendly as she checked us in for the night. There were tables, chairs, a vending machine for drinks, and even a hot tub out front on the large wooden porch. Out back was a very pretty yard featuring a waterfall complete with koi pond and fire pit that was bottom-lit, and also a large outdoor patio and grill area, which was built and used by the owners for occasional outdoor barbecues.
Our room had a/c, a large king bed, refrigerator and microwave, large tv, alarm clock, and step-in shower bathroom. Well-lit with bedside lamp and above with attached ceiling fan.
Since it is not located directly on the highway, we enjoyed a quiet night's rest. This was our best night's sleep all week!
In the morning, fresh coffee, juice, and continental breakfast was provided.
Definitely recommend this quaint motel to travelers!

Room Tip: This is a quaint motel - pull up, park, and room access direct.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

A group of us have been coming the first weekend of August since 2000; 40 this year! The owners treat us like a (rather large) family in this lovely small town a stone's throw from Lake Michigan. The rooms are clean, there's a play area for the small ones, an outdoor kitchen you have to see to believe, an outdoor hot tub... free coffee and pastry in the morning. We'll keep coming, but be warned: you're not likely to find any rooms here the first weekend of August!

• Stayed: August 2012