“Clean, warm, and jacuzzi is great”
Review of Weathervane Inn

Weathervane Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Montague
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Enjoyed my stay here in the winter in December. I love that each room has a jacuzzi and fireplace, but the fireplace did not work very well due to the heater being on. I'm not sure how that works out...The kitchen appliances were small but neat and useful if you want to cook while you're there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rebecca W

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The room and amenities were mostly fine. We did have an issue where our bathroom light broke and found out that the maintenance staff/man had the weekend off and there was no back up so we just had to deal with it.

The Mgmt awful bit was when I returned home and found my cc statement was more than my receipt. When I called, and the front desk girl was rude and kinda lied. Which I guess wasn't her fault, her manager Britt I think was her name, made her tell me there was no manager on site. But eventually they came clean and I spoke to the manager, but I wish I hadn't, she was scary mean, like super horror movie mean, yelling and cursing... So I hung up and emailed. Luckily someone else wrote me back and I dealt with that person.

Really unfortunate cause it was a great weekend and the Hotel was cute but having to deal with them about anything even remotely unpleasant, like an inaccurate charge, was just awful.

I don't care how good fresh baked cookies smell... I'll never go back.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
14  Thank AvidTraveler718
Reviewed 4 December 2013

A warm and inviting fireplace; relaxing jaccuzi bath overlooking the lake--6 inches of light fluffy snow--sound like a great time in MI. The staff was very inviting and right there when you needed them. The continental breakfast is standard, but well stocked and fresh despite the small number of customers checked in those days. Bed is very comfy and its so nice to have your dog welcomed! Thanks Weathervane Inn for another fantastic Thanksgiving!

Room Tip: lake view is a must!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Liz R
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We arrived on a Friday evening to the smell of freshly baked choc. chip cookies. A pleasant surprise. Check-in went well & we were given our room number & directed to our room. We had a king kitchenette w/fireplace & Jacuzzi. The room was spacious w/a couch next to the bed. The bed was very comfortable, not too hard or too soft, just right.
On our 2nd night we had trouble getting the fireplace to light. I called room service & a girl came up immediately & started it for us...very accommodating. Staff were friendly & helpful, even giving us directions to visit the lighthouse.
Our room was clean & in the cabinets were glasses, dishes, even wine glasses, salt & pepper etc. There's a microwave, a toaster oven w/2 burners on the top & a fridge. Everything we could possibly need.
A couple things we didn't care for was the hotel's on a major road through the town so it's rather noisy with traffic. We did have our windows open b/c it was so mild out, perhaps if they were closed it wouldn't have been so bad.
The other issue was there was a water saving head on the shower & the water came out so fine it felt like little needles on our faces. There was plenty of hot water, always a plus.
All in all it was a nice place to stay for a weekend. The Inn is at the far end of the lake & it is marsh like at that point. Just outside the Inn there's a walking path through the woods & that was a very nice treat.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor & the halls were very quiet, no disturbances.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank meow88
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Overall this hotel was clean quiet t the breakfast was wacj the staff was very nice my only complaint was the view from the room and I didn't like the fact that our jacuzzi was by the door otherwise we had fun for our 4th anniversary all the amentiea met our needs
fact that our jacuzzi was by the door and

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank virtious
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed for two nights on 10/21 and 10/22. The Hotel looks weathered from the ouside but is very neat and clean on the inside. We found the satff were very friendly and the room was clean. Our corner room (109) on the first floor had a rap around view of the marina. The fireplace and jacuzzi helped make for some very relaxing nights. The breakfeast was good with many selections to choose from. Hotel is located near many interesting places to explore. Don't miss the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the evening...yup.

Room Tip: Corner room 109 is a little larger than others. 106 and 107 may be too noisy in the morning because...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank triptime4us
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Overall the Weathervane Hotel is very nice! Tracy at the front desk was a delight!
She was very personable. We stayed in 106 right across from the front desk. They need to put some stripping around the door to block out the light! In addition, the breakfast is put out right across from the rooms. So it does get a little noisy in the morning! The waffles griddle has a timer that beeps every 2 minutes! They need to do something about that noise as well.
The location is perfect if you are interested in walking into town, or go on a bike ride.
The hotel is clean and well taken care of, just move the breakfast nook some where else.

Room Tip: 109 or 221
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank linnette1953
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montague
13 mi away
Holiday Inn Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#4 of 12 in Muskegon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores

Been to Weathervane Inn? Share your experiences!