“Good basic Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Harrison Township, Michigan
“Good basic Mexican”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I've been going there for over 20 years, the food is good portions are adequate, just an all around good value

• Visited June 2014

Macomb, Michigan, United States
“Long time customer and I love it.”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Paco's is my favorite Mexican restaurant. I love the burritos and there is something about the cheese that is better than other places. They always bring you salsa and chips first. The thing about the salsa is it's more like a taco sauce and is somewhat different than salsa. It's at least medium hot and it's unique and very good. They also have mild "salsa" that I would get for the kids. I think they should change the mild as it would be my only complaint (the mild reminds me of ketchup) They only take cash there, but I don't have a problem with this because the prices are great for the food. I recently spent $25 for 3 people yesterday. How can you beat that?

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Cindersann
Harrison Township, Michigan
“Favorite place to get my Mexican on!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Paco's American Mexican restaurant is my favorite mexican place to unwind. Amazing mini burrito's, chips and guac and not to mention their fried ice cream. Love it so much I'm there weekly! Get your Guac on!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tmoney1522
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
“Tomato sauce tasting salsa.”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

A friend and I decided to check out Paco's for lunch while out and about. The first thing we noticed was the salsa tasted like tomato sauce and the chopped onions in it tasted like they were bad. The food was average-below average. This was my first and last time to eat at Paco's.

• Visited March 2013
Detroit
“Taco Bell Beats This Place. Save Your $$$.”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have eaten at Paco's numerous times over the past 20 years. It looks like a neat little place built right into the neighborhood but that's were the charm ends. I usually go back about once or twice a year to give it another chance. Each year, it doesn't get any better. I want to like the place but I cannot, so let the truth must be told.

As a previous reviewer wrote, BLAND FOOD best describes the offerings. Zero taste. It's globs of paste-like beans, no-where rice, blobby burritos, the lamest tacos in history and a bunch of tasteless sauces. Just because the portions are large doesn't mean it's good. This is NOT REAL MEXICAN FOOD!

Sorry to yell, it's just that people in Michigan have allowed these pedestrian Mexican places to set such a low standard that they are clueless to what real Mexican food tastes like. All Paco's has to do is throw some melted cheese on a tortilla and the East side starts drooling. RUN WAY FAST! KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS! AAAHHHHhhhhhh.

Visited February 2013