This hotel is a truly wonderful place. Not only are the staff lovely but the actual resort is beautiful. I can only say that the people who complain on here but be completely stuck up or in need of a reality check. Yes the food isnt the best that I have come accross and also does become repetitive but isnt that always the case on an all inclusive. This is the only gripe that I could find, as otherwise this is a lovely place to stay. We got back on 28th September and are already looking to go back next year. The staff are lovely and willing to help in any way. Liam and Katy are a credit to Thompson, they put on some fab entertainment both day and night. Cocktails are leathal! Make sure you ask for the all inclusive menu. Yes generally speaking there are far more italians here, and they are rude, but hey you ignore them and no matter where you go you will be surrounded by foreigners. The pool without the bar is english entertainment and the little club by the tennis courts is where all the english go at night. Me and my partner needed a relaxing break (were 25/31) and this is exactly what we got. We spent most days by the pool or on the stunning beach and if thats what your after then this place is perfect as the resort is all you have. Do not go on the trip to the town!!! This place is not yet accepting of tourists! You dont feel safe! But this resort, beach, and people are just wonderful and yes the food is not the best ever but more than adequate. We did both get the upset tummys and the tablets from Che the rep worked within a day. He also is very nice and always around if you need him. One thing i would say is thank you in Arabic is "shookra" and the staff really appreciate it if you use it. They treated me and my boyfriend as friends just because we made an effort. Book through Thompson Platinum hotels and you get beach facing apartments, ours was much bigger than those who hadnt. Fab holiday and going go go back again soon. Prob not the best for little kids but teenagers would be ideal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- nestles on the Mediterranean Sea, just 38 km east of Mersa Matruh on the northern coast of Egypt. Breathtaking views and the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean combine with the fine white sands of Almaza Bay to provide the best in an Egyptian and Mediterranean holiday. Jaz Almaza Beach Resort sits sympathetically with its Mediterranean style architecture and provides a complete range of five-star facilities, amenities and service. Here, you can experience a holiday to Egypt that is relaxing and life affirming. Luxuriate in spacious rooms and savour lavish cuisine. Indulge in a variety of sports and recreational activities all within the impressive environment of this finely-appointed resort. The hotel's greatest attraction is its safe, secluded beach and bay. Experience one of the best-kept secrets of the southern Mediterranean Riviera with all the warmth, hospitality and attentive service you would expect from any Jaz resort including a shuttle service to and from Matruh Airport (upon request) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jaz Almaza Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Almaza Beach Hotel Mersa Matruh
- Jaz Almaza Beach Resort Egypt/Mersa Matruh