Before i begin I would like to say that I have been to far lower standard resorts and found nothing to complain about so for thoses that say " ignore the moaners" this
is just my oppinion!
To begin with we arrived at the airport and having done my homework I was prepaired to pay the entry fee of £13 each however oheres were not pre warned of this. We arrived at the resort In time for the remains of the evening meal which I decided to have however this was pretty ropey but believing that it had been there a while I made excuses! The resort looks lovely in the dark and I was equally please in the light, the grounds are very well maintained! I have to stay that the standards of food did not improve through out the druation of our stay! We even got to the point where we were avoiding lunch time meals because the food was that awfull which is a shame being all inclusive! I realise that you do not have to eat for the sake of it however we were genuinely hungry! I am a fussy eater however my boyfriend is not and will pretty much eat anything and even he had had enough! I decided to try the kids chicken thinking how bad could that be... I was disappointed to find it pink inside and hardly cooked, not good! The deserts are all mass produced and fake again avoided! The beach is nice enough and the sea is clear however and be very rough at times! Do not make the same mistake that we did this is not a part of Egypt for snorkeling unless you want to see a large metal pipe, there are very few fish! In all, this is a very disappointing resort and there were many couples that we spoke to that could not wait to leave! The rooms were of a good size and comfortable! The only good part of this holiday was the company and I shall not be returning anytime soon as I said this is only my oppinion!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- nestles on the Mediterranean Sea, just 38 km east of Mersa Matruh on the northern coast of Egypt. Breathtaking views and the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean combine with the fine white sands of Almaza Bay to provide the best in an Egyptian and Mediterranean holiday. Jaz Almaza Beach Resort sits sympathetically with its Mediterranean style architecture and provides a complete range of five-star facilities, amenities and service. Here, you can experience a holiday to Egypt that is relaxing and life affirming. Luxuriate in spacious rooms and savour lavish cuisine. Indulge in a variety of sports and recreational activities all within the impressive environment of this finely-appointed resort. The hotel's greatest attraction is its safe, secluded beach and bay. Experience one of the best-kept secrets of the southern Mediterranean Riviera with all the warmth, hospitality and attentive service you would expect from any Jaz resort including a shuttle service to and from Matruh Airport (upon request) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Jaz Almaza Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Almaza Beach Hotel Mersa Matruh
- Jaz Almaza Beach Resort Egypt/Mersa Matruh