We booked this holiday expecting 4-5* standard, it wasnt!
Me & my partner booked this holiday even though some reviews were negative, however went with an open mind.
The hotel itself was very nice and had loovely pool area's, however there is definatly a divide between the nationalities.
This however may be due to this resort originally created for Italian's only. The Italians had a very large entertainment team therefor alot of the activities were run by the Bravo team.
The English entertainment wasnt very good, consisting of the same activities taking place at the same time of every day. No disrespect to the rep's as thay did the best they could with the resources provided but it wasnt for us.
The food was definatly not 5*. It was mainly just 2 large dinner halls, with standard seections of food. Im not particually a fussy eater however I struggled to find thing I liked so mostly just stuck to the salad bar. At lunchtime the chef would make fresh stone baked pizza which was nice however didnt want to eat this every day. Me & my partner both sufferred with dodgy bstomach's as did most of the people we spoke to, resulting in not eating for a few days.
The drinks available were ok but not great. Win, Lager and soft drinks all self service at meal times, any other time you have to ask at bar. The spirits were ok but not a great selection therefor mainly just stuck to the lager.
We were disappointed with the room, especially when a "Deluxe Double Room" is literally 2 single beds puched together with bedding that didnt fit correctly. They werent the comfiest bed's either. It just doesnt seem right that some people are given double beds and some not when there must have been doubles left as the hotel wasnt very busy.
We went on a few trips such as the visit to Cairo which was amazing, and the Ultimate desert experiance which was also great. There was absolutely nothing outside the resort except for 2 other hotels, so you do feel quite iscolated.
The beach however was absolutely stunning. Clear water and not too busy, this was definatly one of the highlights.
All in all the staff were very friendly and helpful however after the first week I was just ready to come home, whcih is quite sad as usually when on holiday I never want to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- nestles on the Mediterranean Sea, just 38 km east of Mersa Matruh on the northern coast of Egypt. Breathtaking views and the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean combine with the fine white sands of Almaza Bay to provide the best in an Egyptian and Mediterranean holiday. Jaz Almaza Beach Resort sits sympathetically with its Mediterranean style architecture and provides a complete range of five-star facilities, amenities and service. Here, you can experience a holiday to Egypt that is relaxing and life affirming. Luxuriate in spacious rooms and savour lavish cuisine. Indulge in a variety of sports and recreational activities all within the impressive environment of this finely-appointed resort. The hotel's greatest attraction is its safe, secluded beach and bay. Experience one of the best-kept secrets of the southern Mediterranean Riviera with all the warmth, hospitality and attentive service you would expect from any Jaz resort including a shuttle service to and from Matruh Airport (upon request) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Odigeo, Prestigia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jaz Almaza Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Almaza Beach Hotel Mersa Matruh
- Jaz Almaza Beach Resort Egypt/Mersa Matruh