“A fantastic lodge for the whole family!”

Cape Town, South Africa
“A fantastic lodge for the whole family!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We spent 5 wonderful days at Mokuti lodge and we took advantage of the close proximity to Etosha National Park to go into the park every day. The children enjoyed playing in the spacious garden where they observed antelopes, mongoose, squirrels and some reptiles in the Reptile Park. The food was excellent and the spa was a wonderful treat. The service was outstanding from beginning to end and we would like to thank the lodge for their thoughtful gesture when it was my son´s birthday. We look forward to going back in the future!

Room Tip: The family room was spacious, modern and very clean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
OandL-Leisure, General Manager at Mokuti Etosha Lodge, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Mokuti Etosha Lodge.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in our little piece of paradise. Your positive comments are very motivational for the entire team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to your second home on the edge of Etosha in the future.

Mokuti Etosha Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed for 3 nights at the Mokuti in June 2014. I requested reservations using Mokuti web site, I included my credit card info. I soon received an email response thanking me for my booking and providing the booking details. Next day I received an email stating that my credit card info was "invalid". I sent the credit card info again but never received a response.

I checked my credit card history daily and never noticed any activity, nor did I receive any further contact from Mokuti. After some time I sent a request to Mokuti asking for the status of my reservation - I received no response.

I repeated the request a week later - again no response and no activity on my credit card.. I considered contacting other establishments but Mokuti appeared to what I wanted. I was also concerned that once I reserved at another establishment Mokuti would finally "come to life" and charge my credit card.

In desperation I finally placed an international telephone call (at a very inconvenient time for me) and spoke to someone in the central office. I was asked to send my cc info again. I did that and finally received a response. The response was that they do not accept American Express - could I please use a different card?
Why couldn't they have done this earlier?

I sent them info for a different cc and wonder of wonders received a response stating that everything was OK with the other card and the next day received a "proof of payment" and verification of reservation.

This was an ordeal!!

In spite of the booking process, once I arrived at Mokuti everything was excellent - the food, the lodging, the grounds the service etc, etc and especially the game drives. The "poor" rating on the service criteria reflects only the booking process.

In spite of the serious problems with the booking process I would stay here again.

POSTSCRIPT: I sent a copy of this review directly to Mokuti. They replied and in great detail listed the history of my booking process and also the steps they have taken to prevent this from happening in the future. I am satisfies that they have properly addressed the booking issues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
OandL-Leisure, General Manager at Mokuti Etosha Lodge, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you very much for the time and effort you spent in not only providing us with a detailed review on your booking process but also to stay patient during this lengthy process which we have to admit we really messed up.

We sincerely apologize for all inconvenience this has caused to you. We have gone into a detailed investigation on your case and due to your detailed response have been able to improve our payment process for the future.

However, we are happy that you really enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us at Mokuti Etosha Lodge.

We received your online direct booking on April 22, 2014 including your payment transaction. As you mentioned, you have received an immediate confirmation stating "...Thank you for your booking" and further down "...The establishment will contact you to confirm the credit card deduction."

You are correct that our reservations department informed you about a non-successful credit card transaction to which you have replied within 8 minutes accordingly.

Furthermore it is correct that we have not replied to you in a reasonable time frame and thus you sent us a reminder eMail on April 29. As you still have not heard back from us you have been again in contact with our reservations department on May 6, 2014 by phone.

On the next day, May 7 we had to inform you that at this time we are unable to accept American Express Credit Cards for now and asked whether you might have any other credit card available.

After having processed the newly given details of your other credit card, the booking was finally confirmed since the transaction was run successfully.

Again, there is no excuse for not getting back to you in a decent time-frame on the credit card transactions.

The reason is that without any notification American Express Cards and Diners Club cards have no longer been processed from the Bank of Namibia accredited clearing center since an application and authorization from those vendors were due. We only experienced this due to your incident. While our finance department was busy finding out on how to overcome this hurdle, they did not respond to you to keep you in the loop. We again apologize for this failure of service.

Since American Express and Diners are still not processable for us we have turned off the ability for our customers to choose those payment methods.

Also, because of your report we have changed the manual credit card process to a secure virtual terminal process which can be accessed via an encrypted link and stopped using the insecure authorization form.

We thank you very much for your detailed report which enabled us to really improve our services for any future customers. We really benefited from your contribution.

If you ever consider coming back to Namibia, we hope you will try our improved process again.

Please feel free to contact me at any time with any further question.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Service was excellent, prompt and very helpful. Keep it up.
Christian channels will be appreciated on tv as channels are limited.
Rooms were very good and neat. I likedhow the room were arrange.
I had a good feel of the wild when animals move around the lodge and it was a pleasure to watch.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
OandL-Leisure, General Manager at Mokuti Etosha Lodge, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for the review of your stay at Mokuti Etosha Lodge.

I am very happy that you enjoyed the time that with us.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to Mokuti in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My delegation had a wonderful stay in Mokuti Lodge and was impressed by your hospitality and appreciated. we are still planning to visit mokuti lodge in future possible before the end of this year with more days and in a big number of people. your price is reasonable compared to other places.

Room Tip: this question I need an explanation, I do not understand, you mean maybe I gave tip or what?
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay at Mokuti Etosha Lodge.

I am very happy that you enjoyed it.
We look forward to welcoming your group back in the near future.

Helsingborg, Sweden
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our last stop in Etosha region and it was the top one. We stayed three nights in a luxury suit and it was perfect, a very nice and spacious room.
The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast and dinning was delicious. The hole lodge area was in a excellent shape with a green tropical garden and a nice pool area.
This is a perfect place to explore the eastern part of Etosha NP
We like to send a special thanks to Mr Lance Hurly, he really took care of all his guests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mokuti on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the time that you spent with us.

Our staff members are indeed a great asset to Mokuti, and so many of our guests comment on their helpfulness and friendliness.

We hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

It was great to stay in Mokuti Lodge. The place is very neat and the welcoming was great indeed. The Lodge is well located near the tired road and close to Etosha National park. There are enough facilities for entertainment, i really enjoyed the Reptile park as well as the gym. The room was super beautiful and the swimming pool was very clean. I will recommend the place to any other visitor who would like to experience the beauty of Nature in Namibia.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
OandL-Leisure, General Manager at Mokuti Etosha Lodge, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Mokuti Etosha Lodge. Aside from the Reptile Park, Gym and Swimming Pools we also have a SPA as well as a Tennis Court. We hope that you will visit us again to enjoy these facilities as well!

I have taken note that you marked us at a one out of five for our service. If you would like to discuss the shortcomings in our service further kindly contact me directly on lance.hurly@ol-leisure.com we value our guests feedback highly in a bid to constantly improve our product.

Kind Regards,

Glentana
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Wow!!!! Service excellent! Staff so helpful and friendly. Food is delicious. Breakfast had a great variety and dinner was amazing. We stayed in a standard room which was absolutely beautiful and comfortable. Don't need anything more!! Right at Etosha's gate.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us at Mokuti Etosha Lodge. We are so glad that you had a wonderful experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.

Kind Regards,