The restaurant has a car theme, which is nice. Dinner is OK, choice of basic food, well prepared. The rooms are very basic, and spotless clean. The bad side is the service. We considered the personel as
not very helpfull, and very slow. If you enjoy watching 5 servants hanging at the bar, and waiting for service this might be your place. And the gardener would like
To drag your bags trough the dust. As previously described, the location is good for visiting the canyon, 30 minutes, and ai ais, an hour by car. The poolsode is nice for afternoon leisure, the water refreshing :)).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Due to its elaborate decor Canon Roadhouse has acquired a sort of cult status in Namibia: the good old days of the automobile are celebrated in the theme restaurant and bar. Enjoy a slice of our legendary Amarula cheesecake among coachwork arranged with loving care. The geology, flora, fauna and history of the area are explained on display boards at the Canyon Information Centre. Situated directly on the road to the Fish River Canyon, 14 km from the gate to the viewing points, Canon Roadhouse offers 24 immaculate en-suite rooms with air conditioning, a swimming pool and a petrol station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Canyon Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canon Roadhouse Hotel Fish River Canyon
- Cañon Roadhouse Fish River Canyon
- Canyon Roadhouse Namibia/Fish River Canyon