We stayed at Lisbon Hideaway for 2 nights as an intermediate break to our Kruger holiday.
As we could see from the website, the chalets are located in a truly lovely area, and the property is meticulously maintained.
The chalet itself is big, and it contains all things you would want. That said, the one thing that was lacking was a shower. Everyone taking a bath took a bit of time......
The location of the chalets is really ideal:
- It borders on a river that the kids could play in, excellent!
- god's window is less than 5 minutes away
- Lisbon falls (Spectacular falls) are a minute away
- Bourke's Potluck holes are a mere 20 minutes away.
- Graskop (for shopping) is about 5 minutes away.
So, all in all, a lovely location and a comfortable chalet.
As a note, it got quite chilly at night, so the electric blankets provided are a necessity.
5 star place, 4 star rating for lack of a shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated only 7 km outside Graskop, just off the R532 towards Blyde River Canyon, Lisbon Hideaway serves as the ideal base from which to explore an extensive range of Mpumalanga's most admired sites and activities. If you are looking for peace and tranquility in the countryside after a busy day's sightseeing, then our self-catering accommodation is ideal for your stay. Our accommodation consists of 3 timber chalets and one stone cottage. Each of our three timber chalets comes with two bedrooms (2 three quarter beds in each room), one bathroom (with bath), open plan kitchen (fully equipped) and living area (with a bunk bed), large open patio, outside braai and undercover parking. Sleeps a max of 4 adults and 2 children under 12. Our beautiful stone cottage comes with a large open plan bedroom (with queen bed), bathroom (with bath) and a living area with a fire place. Includes a separate, fully equipped kitchen flows onto a large covered patio. Own outside braai area. Accommodates a max of 2 adults. There are no TV's in our units. All units are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lisbon Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.