“Stayed here for one night in July, mid-week. Room was...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now. It's becoming a every week thing. 1 of the major issues I run into is this horrible smell in every room. Also, I seen hair balls In my clean towels every single time. I don't feel as if the hotel is as clean as it should be. I feel dirty when I walk on the floors and the bed spreads aren't changed because there was white stuff all over mine. Last time I was offered a upgraded room due to the fact that I had to change rooms 3 times because they were clean and while I stayed in the honeymoon suit, the jets to the whirlpool were broken. Also, when I complained to the person working at the desk I received a negative attitude from her and this has been a issue more than once. It's not my fault the hotel didn't meet their standards with my room and if I would like to have a cleaner room, I should be aloud to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

MountPleasant1, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Jada,
I apologize about the issues that you have encountered while staying at our hotel. I will certainly speak with my whole team about the cleanliness issues that you have experienced and also the staff attitudes. This is not the typical stay that I have heard from other frequent guests and I hope that we can make this right if you continue to stay with us. We do appreciate you business and hope that you will come again.
Sincerely, Tara
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Got a good price on a room here off priceline name your own price. It's always a gamble on what hotel you might get, so I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The lobby was neat and clean. Check-in was super fast, and the warm gooey chocolate chip cookies made it that much sweeter.

Our room was a king non-smoking. It was also neat and very clean. The air worked great! I agree with other reviewers that the ceiling fan is a nice touch in these rooms.

We had an afternoon swim after taking a break from gambling at the casino. The 24 hour pool definitely could use some care. The pool and hot-tub themselves were ok, but things could just use fresh coats of paint and scrubbing. The ceiling needs to be repainted in the pool area badly.

We came in late from the Casino, and didn't encounter any noise (hope we weren't noisy!) In the AM we did go down to the breakfast bar. It was ok. Typical free breakfast bar. Good enough to fill our tummies for the morning.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The room right next to the elevator was not noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rista
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review about the Mt. Pleasant Baymont Inn & Suites! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed mostly everything during your stay with us. I do agree with you that the pool area is in need of an update, which is why we already have plans in motion. We have bids on the pool ceiling to be repainted and we have already ordered new pool furniture to be installed soon. We appreciate your business and do hope that you will come and stay with us again soon!
Sincerely, Tara