“Birthday Casino trip”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
southgate,mi
“Birthday Casino trip”
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I made a reservation online. When we arrived (5), not what reserved. Not a problem. Person at desk made EVERYTHING right. No shuttle to casino, but not a problem, only 1 mile from Soaring Eagle. Our room, 24 hour whirlpool/pool, and breakfast more than made up for it.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2009

The Baymont Inn & Suites is a decent, no-frills hotel if you're traveling to Mount Pleasant for the casino, but the location is iffy and out of the way if you're coming for anything related to CMU.

Having stayed at the competition in town -- Fairfield Inn and Hampton Inn -- I'd say this hotel rates in between those two. And for $45-a-night on Priceline, you can't beat the price. The hotel is simple, yet clean. Some of the fixtures and decor in public spaces is dated, but you can't beat the price. I don't know what the public rate is, but I suspect it's significantly higher.

The room furniture is in good condition, there's plenty of towels and washcloths, though they were a bit rough and starchy. The complimentary wireless internet worked without any issues, the beds were comfortable and the room lighting was good.

On the down side, the television was very, very old and in desperate need of replacing. There was, however, a full line-up of cable television stations. The bed was comfortable, but the air conditioning wasn't the greatest. The room was very warm and dry.

Overall, the Baymont Inn & Suites is a good value for the money. I don't expect too much for $45.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 3 May 2009

Stayed there for a concert and a little gambling at Soaring Eagle. The location is good....only 1 mile from casino but alot was wrong with the room. The ceiling fan didn't work. The jacuzzi was small. The air conditioning in room blew out warm air. The water in the shower barely came out of the showerhead and was lukewarm at best. The breakfast bar was a joke. They had a few pieces of french toast (cold ) cereal, 2 hard bolied aggs. Thas was about it. The price was way too high for what we got. Only good thing besides the location was the pool is open 24 hrs.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Colorado
Reviewed 6 April 2009

Right from the moment we checked in, I knew this wasn't going to be a good stay. The young lady at the front desk, who didn't appear to be much older than 17 or so, was very unfriendly and behaved as though I were interrupting her or putting her out even though there were several people waiting to check in. When we got up to the second floor, the entire floor reeked of cigarette smoke although we requested a non smoking room. Our room was starkly furnished and had the ugliest pink marbled vanity that I don't think even Elvis would have cared for. There were two electrical outlest near the vanity and only one worked.
The next day, we left around 10 am or so to give housekeeping a chance to come in but when we got back, housekeeping had never come. We had to ask for more towels and washcloths since our room didn't get cleaned. We also had to ask the very unfriendly front desk for towels to the pool as they were not stocked either.
The breakfast was fine, typical Hotel breakfast but hey, it's free so nothing to complain about there. Our second and third nights we had loud, noisy neighbors and the walls are so thin it sounds like people are trying to get into your room.
Because our room had not been visited by housekeeping, I had to make a point of asking for it the next morning which was bizarre. I've NEVER had to request housekeeping?
I chose this Hotel because the price was much better than most of the others in the area but next time, I will pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Cozumel, Mexico
Reviewed 29 December 2008

went with a family of 7 three adults and 4 kids for a little swimming shopping and gambling(not with the children). Stayed at the Bay mount inn and suites located near Soaring Eagle Casnio.
This is the third time we have stayed here, this time we acutally recieved the room that we requested, we have requested an ajoining room two other times and when we went we didn't have that room,since we are travelling with 4 kids two rooms make it much better.
The day we left we woke up and the hydro was off, this was not the hotels fault but thoguht they should have offered a bit of a discount on our rooms when we checked out,
The only real problem I have is the pool the water or hot tub is too chloriated and it is very hard on young skin not to mention older too.
the breakfast could be changed up a bit and I was sorry the older lady who has been there the past two years wasn't there she was very nice but I understand she got a different job at the casino

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the strong chlorine in the pool
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Midwest-USA
Reviewed 15 November 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while our daughter was visiting Central Michigan University for one night. We initially were going to stay at the Soaring Eagle Resort but changed our mind once we found out that the least expensive room would run around $170. We chose this hotel for its proximity to the Soaring Eagle casino, and I believe it was the closest. The front desk was very helpful and friendly and we checked in with no problems. Our room was very neat and clean. We did not experience any excessive noise. It was just a good hotel to spend the night in and close to the casino which we visited for a few hours. I would stay there again if I ever returned to Mt. Pleasant because it was so centrally located.

• Liked — Proximity to Soaring Eagle Casino
  • Disliked — Located along a busy highway
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
Reviewed 18 May 2007

The people were very nice but the facility is old and outdated. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything, and I mean everything! The breakfast was good. I would not stay here again for $96 a night it was a rip off.

Stayed May 2007