I'll start with the hotel experience directly... Considering their average rate of $80, you'll get what you've paid for. The beds were clean and comfy and the included breakfast was good. But, there were several stray hairs in the bathroom, including on the towels, and burn marks on the dresser (though it was a non smoking room). We couldn't hear our neighbors, but anytime a toilet flushed it sounded like water was running through our room. Our room (315) and the hallway were incredibly hot and even though we cranked the cold air it was still stuffy. The hallway walls had dents in them with shoddy patchwork.
Now the price issues... We weren't sure we wanted to stay in Mt Pleasant but I had checked prices on Friday, just in case. Rooms here were going to be $107 for a room w/one queen bed or in the $120s for a room with two queens, per their website and per Expedia (I just looked for next Saturday and they're only in the $80 range). Saturday early evening, after fun at the casino, I called to book a room and was told it would be $149 plus tax (total over $160). When I questioned the price difference the clerk told me "I don't know what you saw online but this is the only room we have and probably the only opening in town." We needed a place to stay, so we took the room. But for that price, I expected MUCH better conditions than what this hotel has.
I'm not sure how these price fluctuations are legal? Convenience stores can't price gouge gas, but hotels can double their rates when there is an event in town? Doesn't make much sense to me.
Would we stay here again? For $80, sure. But it is NOT worth any amount over that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property was built in 1997 and was redone in 2013. Our high standard of cleanliness, along with our friendly environment, makes the Mount Pleasant Inn and Suites a must-stay location. We have been told by MANY guests we have the best beds in town! We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a clean, comfortable hotel. We offer a complimentary continental breakfast that includes many delicious options. We also offer free wireless Internet access and free nationwide long distance calling. We are conveniently located in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, just off I-27 Freeway and on the east side of M-20. We are one mile from the Soaring Eagle Casino and three miles from the Campus of Central Michigan University. We are also conveniently located to many parks, golf courses and restaurants. We also offer a 24-hour taxi service that serves the entire central Michigan area. And those looking for a ride to the casino, it is only $4 per person per ride for a single rider. Or if there is 2 riders or more it is $2 per person per ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mt. Pleasant Inn And Suites
- Mt. Pleasant Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Microtel Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Microtel