“Horrible”

Days Inn & Suites Mt Pleasant
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 11 February 2010

If you have a large group, make reservations months in advance and are looking for the entire reservation to get cancelled....than this is the hotel for you. Management is terrible and offerred no explanation or assistance even after credit card reserved the rooms. If you plan to book this hotel, my reccomendation would be to have a back up plan as well as call every week leading up to your stay to make sure they don't give away your room

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank travel2252

Reviewed 10 February 2010

I stayed at the best western with my friends and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is small but very comfortable and homey. I would defentally stay here again

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I Would recommend staying somewhere else. Even though it was close to the casino, The food lounge was filthy. Really run down equimpent. People behind the desk were very unfriendly.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank knotsaho
Reviewed 6 November 2009

It's reasonably clean. The staff is friendly. For the price, which was reasonable after my AAA discount, I was pleased. The King rooms have flat screen TVs and the Queen rooms have ancient TVs, but hey, it's Mt. Pleasant.

A few things to note:
1) They do not have cribs. I requested a crib when I made my reservation, and no one bothered to call and tell me that they don't have cribs. What kind of hotel doesn't have a crib available?

2) Also, I did not enjoy the breakfast. It was okay for a couple of days, but after that, I had to go to McDonald's. On the bright side, McDonald's is a two minute drive from the hotel (not quite close enough to walk). The thing about the breakfast is that it was exactly the same every morning. The same three kinds of cereal. The same biscuits and gravy (which I did not try, because I am picky, so they may have been delicious). The same boiled eggs. The same fruit (which was just apples when I was there-- it seemed possible that bananas got set out earlier and were just always gone whenever I made it to breakfast at 8:30AM). A major plus for the breakfast was that the fruit juice machine had real orange juice in it. The breakfast area also was equipped with a high chair if that matters to you. Also, there was a machine that dispensed waffle batter to go into a waffle maker. Like I said, it sounds good, but if you have to eat it for a week, you get tired of it.

3) The rooms are roomy but the walls are thin. My mom was in the room next to me and she came down with a cold while we were in Michigan. I could hear her coughing at night.

There were some bonuses to the hotel:
1) When we were there, there weren't a whole lot of people, so it was relatively quiet. No CMU partiers here.

2) There is no road noise, because the hotel is set back (way back) from the road. The hotel is actually behind the Lone Star Steakhouse.

3) The pool was delightful. It wasn't big or anything, but it was well-heated, and my daughter and I were the only people using it. There was also a hot tub in a corner of the pool and there was a steam room off the pool area. Those were unexpected perks in a hotel of this caliber.

4) When we needed to switch rooms because our rooms weren't next to each other, the staff was very accommodating and handled it promptly.

5) The Wi-fi was free and worked well.

Would I stay here again? Yes, if the price were right. But I wouldn't call this Best Western "cozy" and I wouldn't be excited to stay here again. It is an adequate, somewhat economical place to spend the night.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We spent two nights here while visiting for a wedding. We were hoping to find a hotel around $70, but there wasn't anything in that price range. This is close to the casino, and about 10 minutes from CMU's campus. Check in was fine, the room was clean and the beds were super comfy. The room had a fridge and microwave, which was a nice suprise. The breakfast was very good and included a waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, cereals, bagels, and more. It is located behind the Longhorn Steakhouse, which is convenient for dinner, but it's not real scenic.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2008

I was impressed with the Best Western, Mount Pleasant,MI. They have best rate for what they offer...fridge/microwave,indoor pool, and hot continental breakfast..I also liked the location..1 mile from casino and it sits in same parking lot of Lone star steakhouse..overall my exprience was great...I liked the room size..they are lot bigger than average hotel room and overall great hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 March 2008

The hotel is intimate in size, only 51 rooms so I wasnt expecting a lot, but when I got there I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was really sweet and extremely helpful in advising a good place to eat and things to do. The rooms were confortable and very clean they even had mini-fridges and microwaves. The pool area was a bit on the small side but it still had a full size hot tub and sauna. The continental breakfast was good, though choices were limited, it still had all the basics for a balanced breakfast (fruit, cereal, toast, bagles, oatmeal, muffins, etc). Its one of the closest hotels to the casino and given its proximity, very reasonable priced ( a saturday night was appx. $110 out the door). I will definately be back again and have recommended it to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)